'62 Richards Bros. Briarean Chrysler Newport Ambulance At Auction In TX

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024

Attachments

• '62 Richards Bros.jpeg
    '62 Richards Bros.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 123
Second row seat is split. We have pretty much determined that this one IS NOT a Richards Bros. Briarean though. Roof lines, roof moldings, and lack of "Richards Brothers" fender badging are not consistent with Richards Bros.

post a picture of the rear door, and that should answer the question. The person that knows a lot about the Richard Brothers ambulances is Dave Lisiecki. I will contact him for his thoughts.

Sorry, I'm awake now.
Kurt and I exchanged a few thoughts over at the FB thread, I first noticed the rear seemed too squared-off to be a Briarean. The steel-roof Briarean's roof was so similar front-to-back that there were only two shapes of fiberglass roof pods, one also fit the opposite corner. Also no '62 Briarean's I have seen had that trim over the tops of the windows. The side trim is stock Newport, as my Mopar friend Nick Taylor says, they had to make the front work with the '61 Plymouth wagon rear body so the trim kicks up in the back. Now I know why it looks so familiar, I remember that 2019 thread. When I looked up a comparables on the EMS Classics photo compilation, Steve Loftin provides a clue there as well, although the roof looks a little squashed in the illustration.
https://www.emsclassics.com/details...All&Country=All&Province=All&Town=All#wrapper
How far back did people start writing "AMBULANCE" in reverse?

Back