1991 Cadillac S&S Victoria radiator, 5.7L

Hey y'all,

I recently picked up the coach in the title. I have a '91 caddy brougham that the coach was built of off. The sedan has the same engine, and I have the FSM to go with it. That said, the coach has a different radiator, and I need a new one. I've searched rock auto, and the cadillac forums, but can't find what I need. I'm assuming that the coach has a heavy duty radiator with transmission oil coolers on it that the sedan does not. On the sedan, all the connections are on one side, while the coach has them on both. Hoping for some guidance on where to hunt radiators, and/or a spec sheet for this thing.

Thanks!
Nicholas

Any good radiator shops around you? Is it old style brass and copper or aluminum? Some of the aluminum ones are repairable, do you have a pic?

Sounds like you have an aftermarket on the Hearse. As it would be the same as the car. My 96 S&S still has the GM in it. Compare the positions of the cooler lines and hoses you will find they should be in the same spot. Both will have a transmission cooler.

Sounds like you have an aftermarket on the Hearse. As it would be the same as the car. My 96 S&S still has the GM in it. Compare the positions of the cooler lines and hoses you will find they should be in the same spot. Both will have a transmission cooler.
That's what's throwing me. The coach has lines going in the front and back of the radiator, the car does not.

you most likely confusing the AC lines it could also have a engine oil cooler. both would be in front of the radiator. the water hose is the return from the heater. normal. I believe my 92 had the engine oil cooler. what is the problem your trying to resolve?

you most likely confusing the AC lines it could also have a engine oil cooler. both would be in front of the radiator. the water hose is the return from the heater. normal. I believe my 92 had the engine oil cooler. what is the problem your trying to resolve?
At first, that's what I thought I was doing, but I looked closer, and there are fittings on the front of the radiator itself. You can see it in the second picture, and kind of in the third. The radiator leaks from a crack in the plastic on one of the connectors. Previous owner JB welded over it, but it still leaks.

The number 2 picture which side of that radiator is that drivers or passengers. Are we looking up from underneath or down from the top?
Here's a better photo. Looking down from in front, on the passenger side. Inside the hook is the lower fitting in the front. So on the passenger side of the rad, four total lines excluding coolant.IMG20220826123004.jpg

Need a better pic of the fittings in the front, I have never seen fittings of any kind in the front tanks on a radiator?
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most mechanically knowledgeable, but I have put in some hours on the matching car. The radiators look the same to me, except for the two extra lines on the front.. When I look at rock auto, or anywhere else, I don't see photos of both sides of the radiator. I know I've gotta spend money, but I don't want to do it on a maybe, you know?

Don't think i have ever see a transmission cooler in front. I would say it was the work of a previous owner not S&S . You will most likely end up attempting to straighten it back out or replace the transmission cooler lines. When you replace the Radiator.

Don't think i have ever see a transmission cooler in front. I would say it was the work of a previous owner not S&S . You will most likely end up attempting to straighten it back out or replace the transmission cooler lines. When you replace the Radiator.
I did notice that the ones going around front looked to have extensions on them when I was taking that last picture.

Back