1976 Cadillac Lubrication Chart

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Would anyone know where i could find a lubrication chart similar to this one for the 1976 Cadillac?

I plan on going under the car with the grease gun on the weekend and do not want to miss a spot.

Merci.

s-l1200.webp

The newer they are the less places to grease there is. If it moves look for a grease zerk if there is one on The right there should be one on the left. But i would bet there is less then 1/3 as many at that fifty chart.

Couldn't get my truck to the dealer to get the oil changed so we did it ourselves today. There is not one grease zerk on a 23 Dodge.

Pulled out the ramps this evening and went under the car to look for lubrication points.

The only ones were on the front end components. The U joints see all sealed.

Still on the to-do list, replace or rebuild the power steering and replace the differential front seal.

20230803_184944.jpg

If the steering box is leaking, I can suggest a good place to have it rebuilt. It is expensive to ship and difficult to remove and replace, however, it is a job that you only want to do once. I purchase 2 "rebuilt" units from Rock Auto that were rebuilt by Lares, and they both were junk and didn't work prperly. I learned about a company in the South that does excellent work and sent mine to them and they rebuilt it and no more problems. It is about a 3-hour job to remove and replace, with a lot of swearing because there is no room to work. and it is also very heavy to hold in place.
Replacing the pump and hoses is the easy part of the job.

Back