1974 Cadillac Miller Meteor fusible links locations?

Hello all!
Still getting to the bottom of some electrical problems on my 1974. I have the wiring diagram from the Cadillac shop Manual, but I'm still not sure about the locations of all the fusible links in the vehicle. Haven't even found any burnt out ones, so curious if the previous owner had removed a lot of them. Does Anyone have any info on where they all should be?

No Brake lights, no parking/cornering lights/dash lights. Headlights and high beams work. Signals work. Ruled out bulbs, sockets, brake light switch, high beam switch, headlight switch, Turn signal switch

Dash lights and taillights are on the same fuse. Most don't work because the reastat is out of the headlight switch. The front park turn have a problem with the sockests. Croserion between the brass and the pot metal. confirm you have power with a test light is you first check. If you have power then check your grounds if they are in decent shape. The old stand by trick is to drill a hole on the edge of the socket and put a screw threw is so that it touchs the socket and restores the ground to the housing. There are no fuse wires in the light cercits. Only fuses in the fuse panel. If there is not power up front just start tracing the wire back till you find were is got unpluged. The high beam switch only controls the headlights. Power for the park lights comes threw the switch. The parks only light in the first position of the switch. Turn signal power comes out of the steering column. To the flasher to the lights. Brake light are powered from the brake light switch on the arm of the pedal
Hope this gives you some ideas of were to hunt out your problems.

Bad grounds can also cause havoc with the electrical system. Last year I lost rear signal lights and tail lights all because of the ground wire that came undone. Electrical problems are the most challenging!

Back