1967 Superior Trim

Clyde Swenson

PCS Member
Looking to find the roof trim strap for my 67 Superior. Any ideas? The snow is beginning to melt so it will be time to get to work soon!

My initial thought reading 'roof trim strap' is the Crown molding. As you have an ambulance though... Can you provide a pic of the piece you're referencing? There is a '67 Crown parts car near Austin that I've posted before.

l_55b40fb382b14ec0ae6c27c20adebbae.jpg

are we talking about the 3 piece aluminium trim that sets just in front of the raised portion of the roof under the lights? what is it your missing on yours?

Attachments

• IMG_7202a this looke nice.jpg
    IMG_7202a this looke nice.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 118
see it now. yours I take it did not come with one. it about a 1 inch wide 1/4 in thick piece of aluminium that is polished. the edges have been rounded so they not a sharp edge.

Yup, that is the ticket Ed! So, would it be eaiser to just get someone to make one or are there some of these pieces out there somewhere?

if you can find one to get the with and the spacing for the screw holes it would be a easy make up. I would think it is in three pieces with the center strap about two inch in from the edge of the roof. they use a number 10 screw on this 63 to hold it in place. we had the man in St Paul plate it for us.
as there is nothing but head liner under it be careful drill the holes and use a dab of sealer on each screw.

Back