Protective guard

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Looking at Steve Loftin's photos of Nick Elias 1973 Superior, I noticed that there is what looks like some sort of a guard protecting the trim by the back door.

Would anyone have a close-up picture of this guard, or even better, would anyone have the actual guard as an extra or in their parts car who could send it over to me?

This trim on my 54XL is damaged beyond repairs from years of contact with the stretcher. If I could install something similar I would be able to reuse the trim and protect it from future damage.

Thanks,

elias-3-jpg.50088

1692885124067.png

Superior check the box idam. A lot just have one on the left. I took a sill plate and trimmed it down slid the flat under the upholstery and punched holes with a ice pick. I could not get that roll in a piece of stainless by hand.

Superior check the box idam. A lot just have one on the left. I took a sill plate and trimmed it down slid the flat under the upholstery and punched holes with a ice pick. I could not get that roll in a piece of stainless by hand.
So it is basically more or less an oval tube open on one side that slides over the trim?

Back