Miller-Meteor Coach Company Body Numbers 1963-1973

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Miller-Meteor Coach Company
Body Numbers 1963-1973

A little project I’m now ready to do and offer is looking up body numbers for M-M Coaches 1963-1973. Most of us whom own vintage hearses, ambulances and other professional cars love the history and want to know as much about the history of our own cars as we can find out! I have the files of the Lebanon Foundry Products Company operated by Mr. R.H. Beard. Lebanon Foundry was the supplier of cast aluminum window name plates for M-M from 1963-1973. When a new hearse, ambulance or flower car was ordered, some cases a name plate with the funeral home, ambulance service or rescue squads name would be ordered with the car. While I have a number of purchase orders from 1963-1973 with some body numbers even going back into the 1962 model year in the 1963 files for name plates not all cars were ordered with a set though and I may not necessarily have information on your car but it’s worth a look still. The orders give a name, example LEDFORD for the name plate set order and a car body number that was assigned to the car by M-M, example 73123. This number can be found and stamped on the coach builders data plate on the left front wheel house under the hood. The orders don’t give a city for the car owner or a car model or dealer, just the name and body number. But this serves as a good starting point to figure out the origins of the coach. So if you’re trying to figure out the history of your Miller-Meteor I may be of help! Right now I’m only researching numbers for a car or cars you currently own. Not for cars yet owned in the past or cars that served in your area in the past etc. So if interested message, post or email me your cars information and current owner information and I will be more than glad to look up your car and send you a copy of the name plate purchase order to keep with your car and for your cars historic record! Below are some examples of the files I have on hand and the information contained in them.

Jeremy D Ledford.
j1978ledford@gmail.comIMG_7886.jpegIMG_7865.jpegIMG_7864.jpegIMG_7847.jpegIMG_7863.jpegIMG_7846.jpegIMG_7797.jpegIMG_7758.jpegIMG_7758.jpegIMG_7757.jpeg

Last edited:
Number 13004 is the Verona New Jersey Rescue Squad. They are one of the oldest squads in NJ, since 1927. I also noticed that one was made for Gene Williams of Florida. I sure do miss him.

Back