Can anyone identifies this relay?

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
Would anyone have any ideas what this relay is for? I can not trace the wires without taking panels apart, and I do not seem to have anything that does not work.

It is located on the firewall below the fuse box on the driver's side.

Relay firewall Driver side - 01.pngRelay firewall Driver side - 02.pngRelay firewall Driver side - 03.pngThanks.

considering that there are 2 terminals broken off of it, my best guess is that someone used it to connect the wires together. To verify my thoughts, check the connections between the terminals with an ohm meter when the battery is disconnected and the wires on one terminal are removed. If it is a Delco relay, and there is a part number on the relay, you might be able to determine what it originally was used for. The problem is that the bodybuilders were extremely sloppy electricians, and their ways were very unorthodox of where they took power from and where they sent it. I don't believe that this is a factory item since it doesn't have factory-type connections.

Would have been put on by Superior. But disconnect one wire,try the window to be sure.
That is how I found out, took the relay out to have a look at it and turned on every switches until I got to the power window switch. I do not understand how come it is still working even when the rear blades broken off and the wire not connected.

I'll source a new relay and reconnect that loose wire.
1693911900606.png

A relay needs a minimum of 3 terminals to be a relay. I can't tell from the picture how many terminals are remaining on the "relay".

A relay needs a minimum of 3 terminals to be a relay. I can't tell from the picture how many terminals are remaining on the "relay".
Terminals four and five are the ones that are broken.

372559213_1334338517488604_7507564240456078844_n.jpg

One terminal was hidden in the picture. It appears that number 1 is the trigger wire, number 2 being red would be the hot wire and 3 goes to the power side of the window motor. You can verify this by checking which one has power all the time, then checking with the test light pin on the hot wire, and touching the ground wire of the test light to the number 1 terminal to see if it is ground. Can't understand why these don't have GM terminal connectors on the wires.

Yes there are three. But you would have to find the part number to know if it was a relay or a thermal safety switch. It looks to me like a standard GM high speed fan relay. It doesn't have a GM terminal end because it's a add on from superior. The door switch on the power windows only switches the power wire for direction. Who knowes what they were using for a motor or riser in that superior door.

Back