Looking for info: S&S Parklane Hearse

Park Lane

Jim,

S&S introduced an all-new line of commercial glass Lincoln hearses in 1995. This example, the "low roofline" car was called the Park Lane, while a "high roofline" version, similar to the S&S Cadillac Masterpiece, was called the Park Hill. The Park Lane was offered in landau and limousine style, although it is believed that only 2 or 3 limo styles were actually built. In any case, the line of commercial glass Lincolns was fairly low production overall from 1995-1997. This style was discontinued with Lincoln's major restyle for 1998.

In any event, this example looks to be a good one. I suspect this car was originally silver with a black top due to the painted landau bows most likely being the original body color.

S&S printed a special Lincoln brochure in the mid '90s that shows this car in landau and limousine style form. Mine is down at my office; maybe somebody here has one they can scan in the meantime. Otherwise, I'll post scans of mine on Tuesday.

Park Lane limousine-style

These commercial glass Lincolns were beautifully styled cars, in my opinion. They certainly got the limousine-style design right.

Attachments

• CGlincolns 002.jpg
    CGlincolns 002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,112
Park Hill

Here is the S&S Lincoln Park Hill. Notice the higher roofline. I don't believe any of these were built limousine-style, but I'd love to be surprised and see one.

Attachments

• CGlincolns 003.jpg
    CGlincolns 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,389
Estimated value of this one?

Anyone want to guess if this 1996 S&S Lincoln Parklane Hearse is of any more value than any other hearse of this era? I'm going to check on the milage tomorrow. Was this engine reliable?

Jim, I'm not an expert on this, but did some brief professional car sales on the side in the mid 90's...
My guess is that because it is commercial glass - for many collectors the Park Lane is going to be worth a little more than a Park Hill... howevah, back then our experience was that the Lincolns didn't quite hold their value like Cadillacs of the same era. But that was pretty much in the Funeral Director market.
To me, this was one of the best designs in many, many years... and the '95-'97 Lincoln headlights were just fantastic...

Thanks for those factory photos, Tony! Those who attended the 1995 factory tour ahead of the Ft. Wayne meet will remember seeing the first commercial glass Lincoln rolled out for us at the photo shoot at the then Superior/S&S plant in Lima. I'm sure it was the same car (Park Lane landau) that Tony posted above, and likely the one Carl Woerner sold recently. This one from Parks has mileage in the low 70s, I think.

Anyone want to guess if this 1996 S&S Lincoln Parklane Hearse is of any more value than any other hearse of this era? I'm going to check on the milage tomorrow. Was this engine reliable?
This car would have the 4.6 V8, whitch was also used in the Mustangs and Crown Vics and such. Very good engine. Reliable enough that people are starting to put them in street rods and hot rods.

Josh

Here is a photo I shot of a S&S Park Hill Lincoln at Muster Coach Co. in Calhoun Kentucky this past spring during our meet there. Its been setting here the past couple years that I remember. Dunno what there asking for it but it can be saved though.

Attachments

• PCS Owensboro May 2009 038.jpg
    PCS Owensboro May 2009 038.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 537
Also S&S had a commercial glass Lincoln companion limo for the Park Hill and the Park Lane as well!

Attachments

• Lincoln Comm Glass limo..jpg
    Lincoln Comm Glass limo..jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 486
Somehow, a local dealer ended up with a high mileage 1996 Park Lane, that by time word got to me, "was being sold to a man to haul his dogs around in..." It was silver over silver (hard top over cab portion, vinyl b post back) and had a pull out table. A transport service in North Carolina bought it in 2001, and apparently it served at Lafferty's in West Union, Ohio when new.
Dog man didn't get back in touch with dealer in time, and yes, it is downstairs... needs a vinyl top pretty bad (black to set off that nice top? yep...) and eventually needs fresh paint (so time to change it to company charcoal colors...)...
It will be awhile, but it will be first out removal vehicle, and second out hearse when I can get it situated...

Sorry it took so long for photos... this car serves as the removal car and second out funeral hearse...

Attachments

• 96 S & S.jpg
    96 S & S.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 96 S & S II.jpg
    96 S & S II.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 254
Back