Very Rare '97 Lincoln S&S Masterpice @ C-W!

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024

Attachments

• s331050054755370006_p139_i2_w160.jpg
    s331050054755370006_p139_i2_w160.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 524
maybe if they had left he Lincoln on the stove long it would get to be will done. glas I haven't checked there to often my house is full.

Here's the Park Lane from same era...

Attachments

• 96 S & S.jpg
    96 S & S.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 441
  • S & S Lincoln Park Lane.jpg
    S & S Lincoln Park Lane.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 550
  • S & S Parklane.jpg
    S & S Parklane.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 754
That park lane is really attractive. The body really flows smoothly. It's funny that they didn't sell more of those but I suppose price tag was the deciding factor.

You would have thought that they would have sold a bunch of these by '97 Town Car-based coaches with Cadillac no longer offering a RWD option, but I guess '97 was to be the last of the good looking Lincoln Town Cars as well. The next, and last, generation of Town Cars definitely did not make for good looking coaches.

These were probably the best-looking Limcoln funeral cars ever constructed. These cars with their well-balanced, sleek styling were the result of an off-hand discussion. Apparently, the Lincoln Division representative while walking through the Lima plant with Don Cuzzocrea said that they should build a commercial glass Lincoln. Cuzzocrea supposedly replied that such a car would be exceedingly costly and they didn't have the volume of sales for Lincoln coaches to support such a costly engineering undertaking. To make a long story short, Lincoln ponied up the cash for the engieering and tooling for these cars (that was to be re-paid based on sales volume - it supposedly never was.). Although the cars looked great - again perhaps the finest-looking Lincoln-based funeral cars ever built - and there was a slight up-tick in both S&S and Superior Lincoln sales, the overall sales volume was, as Cuzzocrea had predicted, just not there to support the huge costs involved in the building such attractive commercial Lincoln-based coaches.

You would have thought that they would have sold a bunch of these by '97 Town Car-based coaches with Cadillac no longer offering a RWD option, but I guess '97 was to be the last of the good looking Lincoln Town Cars as well. The next, and last, generation of Town Cars definitely did not make for good looking coaches.

Hey now, I would love to have a 98-02 Lincoln based coach in my garage I think they look great.

I do not recall seeing a limo-style Lincoln hearse.

About 2 years ago, a dealer had a black limousine style '95 traded in. I forgot now how I heard about it, seems like there might have been one of those one line listings of their inventory in the Y.B. News... anyway, I excitedly called the dealer thinking I had found a needle in a haystack, only to find out he had sold it to someone along with another hearse, to be shipped to another country...
I was so angry at that dealer for not advertising any better such a rare car.
There is another dealer I know of that lets some character come through and buy all of the old stuff, without ever listing it on inventory or trying to sell it, and I stay ticked off at them too...

I hear waht you're saying , Kent. However, you've got to remember, most of these dealers view these cars from a different persoective than do we. To them, these are just old cars in which they've invested as little as possible and for which they want nothing more than to move them off their lots. Most of these guys are not real "pro-car guys" and wouldn't know a rare coach it it bit them on the behind. As I said, to the majority of these guys...cars sich as these are just "old cars". Too bad. You've got to wonder and be fascinated by the number, type and variety of used hearses and ambulances - on all kinds of chassis that some of these dealers have had over the years that were simply sold off or junked because they were just "old cars" with no or a very limited appeal to the trade. As a group, we've got to educate these "dealers" to let us know when something "old", unusual or interesting appears.

Back