2014 S&S Masterpeice.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Here's a scan of the ad showing the 2014 S&S Masterpeice that is in the Oct. 2013 edition of the NFDA's The Director magazine.

Attachments

• 2014 S&S Masterpeice..jpg
    2014 S&S Masterpeice..jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 511
There is some criticism of the Lincoln hearses on another thread, but I actually like the roof lines on the Lincoln much better... Looking at this photo indicates a poor design flow...

Did ya catch the wording...

BETTER THAN EVER !

Everything you asked for... and more !

Should say...

WORST THING EVER ! produced under the S/S name !

Everything we feared... that's for sure !

Darren

Tony wrote:

It's a modern rendition of the Munster Koach.

Tony

That is nothing like the Munster Coach brother !!!

Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Marilyn, Eddie & I have forgiving you. ;)

Darren

I really enjoy the old ambulances,but many of the coaches owned by club members really caught my eye,beautiful, classy, and professional looking.Now would someone explain what category this one goes under,yuk,egad,or just not right....

We just got our new XTS sedan ... Can't wait to see the Mastepiece in person in Austin! Very interesting look... Can't wait to hear the many comments that I suspect will be intense!!!!!:argue::argue:

Webster's defines a masterpiece as "a work done with extraordinary skill; especially a supreme intellectual or artistic achievement". There is nothing masterful about this. It should have been renamed the S&S Abomination.

What in hell do they have in the kool-aid down there.

What they need are some old-school undertakers and a few "car guys" to straighten them out. If they keep turning out abortions like this, they will end up like Kaiser, Studebaker, Edsel, and a bunch of others: A footnote in our historical account of the funeral coach industry. I will restore old cars and run the wheels off of them from now on. I wouldn't put my neighbors ugly old dog in that thing.

What were they thinking? Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Here we have yet another funeral car styled by the renown design team of Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder. Looks like a large block of black cheese to which someone's attached an oversized, ill-placed window. This just keeps getting increasingly sad. And, the worst part of it all is that it doesn't have to be like this. They've really gotta get someone that knows what a funeral car is supposed to look like and can whomever is responsible for these latest abortions. I can't imagine that many professional funeral directors - those who have established an image of service excellence - will be all that interested in purchasing a funeral coach that so closely resembles a door stop on to which a bay window has been tacked. Simply atrocious. Tragic for the industry and the kiss of death for the once-proud S&S name.

Here's a scan of the ad showing the 2014 S&S Masterpeice that is in the Oct. 2013 edition of the NFDA's The Director magazine.

If you park two of them back to back against each other, they'll resemble the St Louis arch. This has to be one of the ugliest hearses ever designed. :mad:

If anybody "hauls" me away in anything even remotely resembling that thing, I'm comin' back and SOMEBODY(S) GETTIN' HAUNTED!!!!!!

Just sayin'!!!!

I intend to be given my last ride in something much more classy.........say this (minus the lights and ambulance equipment), the one pictured in my avatar.

Looking at this photo indicates a poor design flow...

Kent, you're being very tactful with your masterpiece of understatement. This is a total design abomination in which nothing flows. It's too long, too high and too downright ugly. As I said earlier, this is typical of the Keller-Wonder design school with which Accubuilt, Eagle and Armbruster are so inamored. Sayers nd Scovill must be rotating rapidly in their graves - to say nothing of Charles Eisenhardt and Willard Hess. I would strongly advise Accubuilt to give out barf bags to this year's NFDA visitors - they may well come in handy.

Back