1953 Ford Courier (sedan delivery) Service Car

Due to health reasons, my step-father is selling his 1953 Ford Service Car. This is a factory sedan delivery model that was converted into a service car by the original owners, Jenkins Funeral Chapel in Caledonia, NY. Have original owner's cards into the 60's. Car was originally black.

Car has 39,000 original miles on it. Period correct wreaths and gurney. Smooth running flathead V8 (last year for the flathead). Three speed manual transmission--column shift. No overdrive. Manual steering. Sedan delivery's were rare even when new--when was the last time you saw one? Super straight body.

New within the last 5 years:
All chrome, including an NOS grille
Wide whitewall tires, including spare
Main wiring and engine bay harnesses
Gas tank
Side window and vent window glass
Glass channels/runs
Vent window seals
Rear window seal
Sunvisor (fiberglass)
Exhaust system, including cross-over pipe
Radiator
Hoses
Belts
Carburetor
Factory correct battery (last week)
Interior
Front compartment rubber floor mat
NOS hubcaps and new trim rings
Side mirrors
Outside door handles

Car is still a 6 volt system. Generator has been changed to an alternator, but still retains the correct generator look. Original, rebuilt generator comes with car.

Included with car: VERY hard to find "Courier" scripts and new V8 Emblems for front fenders, new factory correct rocker panel trim, new fender skirts, rebuilt radio (in the car, but not hooked up), and a bunch of literature.

This car was shown at three international PCS meets and won first place each time in the conversion class. Has earned a Senior car points distinction.

Everything that was replaced was done with factory correct, or period correct parts so that this car looks just like it should and did in 1953.

Car is located in Franklin, PA (half way between Erie and Pittsburgh). Cannot deliver.

Price: $49,000. Inquiries may be made 10am-9pm at 814-437-1388, ask for Jim Russell. For more pictures, PM me or email me at KattBlakk@yahoo.com Or, view more under my name in the photo album section on this website.

Attachments

• 100_1315.jpg
    100_1315.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_1318.jpg
    100_1318.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 100_1313.jpg
    100_1313.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 393
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
More pictures.....

More pictures of the car:

Attachments

• PCS2009 289.jpg
    PCS2009 289.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 411
  • PCS2009 223.jpg
    PCS2009 223.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 396
Really sorry to hear it is health reasons the car is for sale.

A gem for anyone for sure.

All the best to Jim and the sale of this fine automobile.

Darren

This is a factory sedan delivery model that was converted into a service car by the original owners, Jenkins Funeral Chapel in Caledonia, NY. Have original owner's cards into the 60's. Car was originally black.

It's nice to see one of these with a documented history. Are there any in-service photos of it you can share with us?

Unfortunately, no, we have no pictures of it when in service. As I said, it has original owner's cards from the funeral home into the '60's, and there is a decal on the glove box door that reads, "Jenkins Funeral Chapel, Caledonia, NY". The car was purchased out of Hemmings Motor News by my step-father from the Hays brothers in Horseheads, NY.

Thanks, Tim. Actually, I found a lot of the parts and did most of the work, but he paid for everything. It is sad to need to part with it after all of the work, but I am sure someone else will enjoy it as much as we did.

Shawn, first of all, our best to Jim and his health.

Secondly, that is truly a magnificent car! I sure hope it finds a good home.

Back