1970 caddy front door weatherstripping

John Zicha

PCS Member / EMT / PARAMEDIC
Our car is finally heading out to the body shop in the next couple weeks to have the body work done and get repainted. They are going to have it most likely for several months and most of the time it will be sitting outside. I would like to get the door seals replaced before then because the ones on it now are practically gone and when it rains, it soaks the inside of the floor boards (which are now brand new). Does anyone have any leads on where I can get them or use as a suitable replacement? I would ultimately like to be able to do the rear side doors also, but I'm sure they are non existent and I'll have to just make something to have it work.

Go to the bottom of the door and cut a thin slice if your weather strip. And post a picture of the profile. Superior used a couple different styles. Some were in this set of years they switch to the MM style. Metro, USA parts, steel rubber all show there products by profile. They are all running around 4 to 5 bucks a foot. You will need 100 feet of it. The rear door maybe different then the side doors.

Back