Criterion interior window trim

Hi, folks...

I need the piece of interior trim that runs across the top of the windshield holding the headliner in place in my '75 Criterion. The existing one is badly rusted.

Was this a stock Cadillac part or was it custom-made for the Criterion? If it's stock, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Doug

Because the Criterion, like all M-M, Superior and S&S Cadillacs of the era, were commercial glass vehicles, the width of the top of the windshield was longer or wider - from corner to corner - than that of a standard Cadillac passenger car. I'm sure that this is a part that was specifically made for these windshields by the coachbuilders but, someone with an actual vehicle on hand to check could let us know for sure. Any upper windshield molding from any M-M of the era should work.

the glass was standard comerical glass. as such the upper revile molding out of any 71 to 76 MM would be the same shape. there may be some vareation in stamping but most of them were just smooth painted. one of the other manufactures in the same year would fit to. but the screw holes may be off or the shape of the stamping different. then again maybe not. by the 70s there was a lot of using the same stuff. i would try any of them

Gee, if I can just get Daniel or Ed to take the piece off the car in the pic they posted and ship it to me, my problem will be solved! :bonk:

Gee, if I can just get Daniel or Ed to take the piece off the car in the pic they posted and ship it to me, my problem will be solved

There was a 74 M-M 3-Way in a local yard but it is long gone . I ,ll keep a eye out.

Hi, folks...

I need the piece of interior trim that runs across the top of the windshield holding the headliner in place in my '75 Criterion. The existing one is badly rusted.

Was this a stock Cadillac part or was it custom-made for the Criterion? If it's stock, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Doug

Would the trim from a '73 Superior work?

Would the trim from a '73 Superior work?

I don't know if it will or won't, Jim, because I'm pretty novice in these matters. Perhaps someone knows for sure and could comment. I think it's worth a try.

If you have '73 Superior trim available, please let me know how much you want including shipping to Delta, B.C. Canada V4C2R7 and I'll send you a money order (or PayPal if you wish).

Thanks!

:thankyou2:

the size would be the same as far as with. as the glass is the same so would the opening in either car. the only question is the shape and the number of holes to screw it on. one can drill new in the car if the spacing is off. I'm think they both used the plastic side molding so even if the shape was different its all by it self not next to a steel molding. but I no longer have any pictures of my 71

Back