Looking for a Federal EG? 6 volt siren

My dad is restoring a 1931 Chevy firetruck and the earliest phot we can find of the truck shows it with what looks like a Federal model EG mounted on the fender. If there is anybody that knows where to find one that would be great. I have no idea if this would be period correct or not. Maybe somebody can enlighten me. Thank you for looking.

Jeremy

Just missed this one

Last week this was at an estate sale for $60. I went back the second day and everything was 25% of. We went back the 3rd day when everything was 50% with intentions of buying but it was gone. I would have paid the $60 had it been 12volt but it was 6 volt.

Attachments

• ECC48B36-81C6-4F95-AD1F-C3430F88FD15.jpg
    ECC48B36-81C6-4F95-AD1F-C3430F88FD15.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 148
Last week this was at an estate sale for $60. I went back the second day and everything was 25% of. We went back the 3rd day when everything was 50% with intentions of buying but it was gone. I would have paid the $60 had it been 12volt but it was 6 volt.

It seems the 6v are not as easy to come by. I found a 6v on EBay but it will need some restoration. It is going to be a gift for my dad’s retirement.

They think they are worth a small fortune today. Then get it apart and re plated you got 6 to 8 in a 200 dollar siren

Back