a gathering of stuff

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
looking for parts for this 64. who ever said small block chevy's are all the same never messed with them. but we are slowly fitting this together. I'n in need of the upper kick down rod. cant find on for the 64. found the 55-57 and 66 up and a 409 64 but not that small block in between. so with great reluctance it was time to go to the bucket. dumped it out and found a lot of things. rods of ever size and shape but nothing that would work. I did find the threaded fitting that adjusts the rod and goes on the carburetor and the rubber for the radiator support so it was not a bust. anyone need the dash pot and kick down holder for a 429. found one of them. but nothing that will work for the rod. needs that ball and socket to go on the bell crank. it also has to be hooked up for the transmission to work properly something about the inner workings of the powerglide. but the day was not all lost I did find the necessary parts to connect the pvc system. working hard to get the 64 dust cover to fit the larger flex plate on the 78 engine. sure glad it was not a original one but this soft aftermarket tin. gaining an inch was easy enough. just a matter of one problem at a time. I can now see were getting a doner car is worth the expense. but the big thing I'm learning is don't do this again

Attachments

• IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3287.jpg
    IMG_3287.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 205
You also have the incorrect ignition coil bracket. I think that I have one in the garage, but my garage looks like your can of parts dropped on the floor. I will let you know. I am cleaning it this week, and I am relatively certain that I can find one. Sorry, no transmission rods.. Anything else that you might need? Last week I found a $100 U.S. Savings bond at the bottom of a paper bag. Cashed it in and it was worth $260, but was told that I have to pay taxes on all but $50 of it. That was the original cost of the bond.

You also have the incorrect ignition coil bracket. I think that I have one in the garage, but my garage looks like your can of parts dropped on the floor. I will let you know. I am cleaning it this week, and I am relatively certain that I can find one. Sorry, no transmission rods.. Anything else that you might need? Last week I found a $100 U.S. Savings bond at the bottom of a paper bag. Cashed it in and it was worth $260, but was told that I have to pay taxes on all but $50 of it. That was the original cost of the bond.

$50 reminds me of something.:D

I knew that thought i could sneak it by. But discovered the i can't. So we ordered in and the return spring i have the after market holder. And the upper rod for a 2 barrel carb. It should be shorter. But will have the ends we need. We can stretch or shrink as necessary. One more 9 buck thing.

so we put in a order threw jegs for the choke tubes. as we are doing the original carb. one other thing in there also, but I remember when i open the box. yesterday I slid over to Amazon and ordered the coil bracket the return springs and the 2 barrel upper kick down rod. this morning the FedEx man stopped by with my rod. no I don't have prime it came from Jegs. I haven't got my other order from them I put in last Wednesday but got 24 hr by ordering it threw amazon. the rest of that order is yet to be seen. this stuff drives you nuts.

so we tried the rod out. as predicted it was 3/4 inch shorter. it now fits. guess that is all that counts

Ok I take all that back. this was the other thing I ordered last Wednesday teh print is so small I did not see the lower rad on it till I posted . either was it now fits.

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3293.jpg
    IMG_3293.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3294.jpg
    IMG_3294.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 118
Back