'72 Superior Pontiac LWB Bonneville Soon To Be Crushed

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
This '72 Superior LWB Bonneville end-loader will be seeing the crusher very soon. I have purchased the CC rims and have spoken for the windshield. If there is anything else that anyone might need, let me know.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 458
I should also mention that the body is pretty much rust-free. The 455, landau bars, and rear interior side panels are all gone as well.

Is she not in restorable condition? Sure looks to be. I'd love to own it as is. I hope someone saves it. If the rear floor is complete, it'd be a shame to part this one.

I see now the motor and landau bars are gone. I misread and thought you said they were in tact. Shame. Really pretty coach.

Yes, it is a '71. The '71s were much better looking than the '72s. The '72s had the front bumper bar that ran straight across the grille. All sheet metal was the same for '71 through '73. I like the look with the Pontiac turbine style wheel covers!

I noticed that *this* coach has what were the original early to mid-70s 'big' Pontiac spoked wheel caps. Terry, the wire ones you had on your ambulance before you got the pancakes originally came off a 1977 or newer car. But the spoked wheel caps on this coach here are correct for the period, although I'm guessing fairly rare to be seen on an ambulance (but not necessarily a funeral coach).

Abe

It's too bad that Superior didn't use the Bonneville quarter panels with skirts. These would have been awesome cars had they just done that!

It's too bad that Superior didn't use the Bonneville quarter panels with skirts. These would have been awesome cars had they just done that!

I agree Kurt, but maybe Superior wanted to put some distance between the "medium price" Pontiac and the premium Cadillac cars. She looks good w/ the turbine w/c's and cornering lights!

Let him crush it, as he's a fool for doing so. I really enjoy they guys who state; Must sell, or I'll crush it. Go ahead.
Dont take it as I would rather see it crushed than saved in parts, or as a resto.

Let him crush it, as he's a fool for doing so. I really enjoy they guys who state; Must sell, or I'll crush it. Go ahead.
Dont take it as I would rather see it crushed than saved in parts, or as a resto.

I agree, most of the time its a scare tactic to get people to pay top dollar for parts.
As you said, crush it, it will just make the others left more valuable.

You guys are way off. These guys are the most reasonably priced guys I have ever dealt with. Actually cheap. Old car parts are not their livelihood. When scrap prices go up, they crush. Especially if it has been there a long time. I don't think that makes them fools. There is too much taken off this car already for it to ever be considered restorable. If you guys are going to make such a fuss over these parts cars that I post, I will quit posting them.

You guys are way off. These guys are the most reasonably priced guys I have ever dealt with. Actually cheap. Old car parts are not their livelihood. When scrap prices go up, they crush. Especially if it has been there a long time. I don't think that makes them fools. There is too much taken off this car already for it to ever be considered restorable. If you guys are going to make such a fuss over these parts cars that I post, I will quit posting them.

I for one dont want you to stop posting these cars. What I meant was that I have heard that so many times, "must go now or its getting crushed in one month", just to get someone to buy NOW, yet ten years later its still sitting in the same spot and thet never had any intention of crushing it. So when I hear it anymore I just tell them if they want to crush it then do it. In this case it sounds like it is stripped much more than the picture makes it look, so no reason to keep it around. I know Ive crushed nice looking & running cars before (even pro-cars) for no other reason other than I was ****ed at it, so Im much more of a fool than they ever could be..

Most of what makes this car "un-restorable" is interior. It is missing all of the rear interior, except the floor. It is missing its 455 and trans. It still has straight and solid body panels, trim, glass, bumpers, etc. If you need something, let me know. I have a great relationship with these guys and can get you a better deal than someone calling them that they had never dealt with before.

Back