1974 S&S Professional Ambulance

not the headliner in the back of that S&S has the stains from condensation and bleeding of the cardboard backer used for the piece over the door. if it is in good condition other then the stains it can be cleaned up with a good brand of liquid shoe polish the nurses scuff coat works best for me. clean it with the scrubbing bubbles. wipe that off with a terry cloth once it has loosened all the dirt then rinse it with another wash cloth dipped in clear water. let it dry will before you coat it with the shoe polish. you may have to coat it a couple times. works for those rusty stains around the back glass also.

Although the colors have been changed from the original Diplomat Blue over Antigua Blue as it was delivered to the Ralston Volunteer Fire Co., of Rolston, PA it presents nicely in its current scheme.

Here's a larger image of this car in her original livery:

Attachments

• 1974 1.jpg
    1974 1.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 108
Two comments another Spitler S&S of Montoursville Pa. sale. AND BOY look at the bottom being eaten by the PENDOT salt too bad.

It seems to me that many 1973 and 1974 GM vehicles in certain areas of the country with salted roads, met with severe rust problems. I bought a three year old 1973 Buick sedan with 60K miles, that ran like new for $25, due to the rust it had.

The salvage yards around here will give you $125 minimum for any car that you can drive into the yard. You missed your calling, you should have been a salvage buyer...:D

The problem was in 73 GM stoped dipping there panels you took the trim pads off a 72 door it was shinny steel on the inside. Nothing had there black preservation coating.

Back