1963 Cadillac Rear Bumper Ends

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
Hello everybody, I am looking for info on the Rear Bumper ends for my 63 Cadillac Superior Ambulance. Are the rear bumper ends for the 1963 Cadillac the same for the regular cars and the Commercial Chassis? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

bumper ends for a 63

Brendan,
After looking at several pictures my best guess is that the 63 bumper ends are the same for all models of 63s. There seems to be a spacer used at the ends of the center bar to make it wide enough for the commercial chassis. Then the ends are fastened to the spacers. There has to be someone out there with a 63 or a friend with one that can get you measurments. I will look in a few more books tonight.
Mike

from looking at a picture of the rear of the ambulance. I would say they ends are the same as the car. you can see the spacers - adaptors that move them out for the wider body. yous has a top plate attached to it for the loading platform. no step. it would look to me like they used the center section from the gm car also. weather or not they cut it down to fit the top plate will be a take it apart and see. easy enough to hold a car one up along side of yours . if there is any difference it will show up right then. if I get up to the junk yard again I'll remember to bring along a tape and measure the center section. knowing what they did to alter the body is what keep these cars alive.

needless to say I neglected to add the picture to the post.

Attachments

• graduation to ambulance 065a.jpg
    graduation to ambulance 065a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 231
bumper ends and...

All the pictures I looked at the ends look like 'normal' Cadillac car items. I would be willing to bet they did not cut the bumper for the loading step. So long as the bottom edge of the loading door would clear it seems this would have been an extra step. Think cost cutting here. Don't cut and save the time and money.
Mike

Back