61 62 cad limo

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
while i was at the world of wheels auto show some one came up to me and told me about a hearse they seen out of the corner of their eye at a salvage yard that i should go look at. Well i went right away the next morning to see it ended up to be a limo. it could be rerbuilt. interior is all out, and apart and laying in it they did not give me a price and said they are taking offers on it. would make a good parts car. i think they want to sell as a whole but who knows?

Attachments

• world of wheels 2012 035.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 035.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 319
  • world of wheels 2012 036.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 036.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 318
  • world of wheels 2012 037.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 037.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 321
  • world of wheels 2012 038.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 038.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 320
  • world of wheels 2012 034.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 034.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 323
  • world of wheels 2012 039.jpg
    world of wheels 2012 039.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 304
it just goes to show how much education still needs to go out. how can you confuse a fleetwood 75 with a Hearse. "will is was used in a funeral". be a sharp car if done up.

This car reminds me of a '62 limo, in better condition, that sold for $200 at a Kruse Auburn Auction about 10 years ago. For that price, I would have been all over it. Any idea of the price for this car, Rocky? If you want, reply to hoczyk@yahoo.com . Thanks for taking the time to post. Tom

61 or 62?

Rocky,
That series 75 is a 1961 model. The round parking/turn signal lights and the oval tail light housing are the best clue. The 62 models had lights that were more square looking. Looks like a lot of work but a lot of parts and car to start with. The rear deck looks overly long in the pictures. Still a nice one to bring back. Are there any cracks in the windshield?
Mike

I can see how people can not know the difference between a hearse and limo. Our society hides hearses so much people dont know what they are anymore. You have no idea how many people ask me what kind of car I have, or think its a limo and I hear ALOT of parents tell their kids its a limo when they ask. Also the news called the Korean leaders limo a hearse, so it all comes down to people are no longer educated on anything, except how to text and play video games. Just my 2 cents.

Intersting that there is a '60 grill and '60 air cleaner in the front seat area. Also the brake booster and master cylinder is aftermarket in the car and looks like a single line.

parts on that 61

Nicholas,
That air cleaner housing is the wrong one for a 61 model. That grille however looks much like the grille in my 61 M-M. Lots of little 'bullets' on the grille. The brake booster(s) also look like good items to me. In 61 Cadillac used boosters from Bendix and Delco. There are some differences between the two in appearance. The original master cylinders on the 61s were the single line/resevoir type. My coach still has this set up on the brakes.
Mike

I was talking about the parts inside the car (the grill and air cleaner)
That air cleaner housing is 59/60. This car although a CC, should have still had the '61 air cleaner.
That grill is only 60, your 61 grill will have a v shape both ways and is narrower. and the bullets do not protrude past the rest of the verticle and horizontal bars in 61.
On the fiirewall, it has a replacement booster(shoulnt have a protuding vaccum port) and mastercylinder, the original is most likely on the floor in the picture with the other parts.
Cadillac used a both bendix and delco, but they both had a screw type cap, not a pull off with retainer as pictured on the firewall.

What I think is odd that in '62 and newer cadillacs had a dual master cylinders, and this was added after that, keeping the original single line. I modify all my 61 and older cars to dual master cylinders.

Rocky,
That series 75 is a 1961 model. The round parking/turn signal lights and the oval tail light housing are the best clue. The 62 models had lights that were more square looking. Looks like a lot of work but a lot of parts and car to start with. The rear deck looks overly long in the pictures. Still a nice one to bring back. Are there any cracks in the windshield?
Mike
Thanks for the info, i was thinking about the parking light shape the next day after the post myself. I tried to look at the windshield the best i could. It appeared as there was no cracks not sure on the milking of the glass since when i looked at it first thing in the morning there was a heavy frost on the glass so i could not get a real great look at it. It could be rebuilt as far as the body was concerened there was rust but not horrible. Hell my 56 olds coach is in way worse condition then this car.

Back