Paul Nix estate sale in California.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Thought this flyer might be of some interest to some in the area of Southern California. An estate sale has been set to sell off vintage professional car parts from the estate of the late Paul Nix. Paul was well know by many in the professional car hobby for many years! If this is a duplicate post or offensive to anyone please remove at once! Just passing along information hoping its helpful to some one looking for a rare much needed part for their car.

Attachments

• Paul Nix Estate Sale Poster.jpg
    Paul Nix Estate Sale Poster.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 780
Thank you for this, Jeremy! Being the character that Paul was, I never did get the 888 light he was holding for me. It's only been about 17 years, don't wanna rush these things.

You know how those protracted deals are- I traded Hedges for some T-2 lights, he was too cheap to mail my 888 and it wound up at Paul's place. Maybe it just might find its rightful owner this weekend!

Attendent Seat Needed

I am unable to attend this sale. If you are there and see a seat like the one pictured below, it would be a great help to me if you could purchase it, and I will reimburse you for it plus whatever you think is fair. I will arrange to have it shipped to me- you won't have to wrap it, etc. It is out of a 1972 C/B Olds 98 ex-USAF ambulance. The condition of the upholstery, especially the backrest, is important. The back rest on my other fold down seat has been reupholstered in duct tape. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSCF0038.JPG
    DSCF0038.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Pictures

A couple of photos of the sale held last week-end.
(Ambulance was NOT part of sale )

012.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

021.jpg

040.jpg

Last edited:
I would take a set of the cb tags if you want to get rid of them. they are the optional tag. cb used two different styles and the guys on the line put them on at random.

Ed,
Estate sale combined with a foreclosure situation on the property, so given these circumstances, things had to go and go quickly. Most people would not sell off a collection in this manner. All of this stuff would have brought significantly more money if the liquidation were handled differently.

Nix Sale

It was definitely a buyers market....

Example: Several stacks of early hubcaps (aprx 100 total)=$75.00
Mid 60's/early 70's fender skirts= $10.00ea.
174,175,184 beacons=$15.00-$25.00
Ferno 65 Scoop=$20.00

As Ken stated,you just made a pile of items and boxes you were intrested in and offered your price....SOLD !:thumbsup:

And as Kurt mentioned,Damian had to get rid of this stuff ASAP,or the prices certainly would have been different.

Do you know if the '65 Buick combo went in the sale? I've seen that one up close....once.

My understanding is it was sold a few years ago to a lady in northern Ca was wrecked with minor front damage and after that I do not know.

Back