1970 Cadillac Ambulance FS....

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Attila. LL is finding new ways to try to rip people off now. There's no way I would "haggle him". Geez, even looking at the pictures has made me itchy! :eek:

Interesting... this combo have a cabinet..!
Yes, there were some built that way in the early '70's. They were built for funeral homes that provided ambulance service, but they were built as combinations because, as EMS was developing and transitioning to truck ambulances, there was a concern that a funeral home might not have been able to sell or trade in a low-top ambulance by the mid-70's - nobody would want it or be able to use it. But if it was built as a combination, the "ambulance" could later be sold to be used just as a hearse.

thanks I to was wondering about the cabinet. would of liked to seen this one in it hay day. it most likely had the demountable grimes on it. and a different color in and out.

I've only seen one (now two) M-M combinations with permanent ambulance cabinets. The other was a blue 1965 Paramount in a Tennessee salvage yard many years ago.

M-M offered removable cabinets, that mounted in front of the partition, as an option on combinations in the late 1960s.

Back