Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites

For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites Informational posting of Professional Car and related items found on the Internet. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:25 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,048 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1944? Siebert-Ford Municipal Ambulance

This ad popped up on Facebook a week or so ago in San Antonio, TX.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3740976138873/

"$5,500. 1944 Ford ambulance with suicide side doors. This was made by Ford then shipped to Siebert to stretch and add side doors. No title, will give bill of sale. I have owned it 20 years, haven’t restored it yet, time to quit dreaming. Never tried to start, I am assuming engine is stuck. It has been under my carport. Perfect rat rod material. Might trade for old truck with flatbed to use as furniture hauler for my business."

I went to visit it, and share this for anyone else who might be interested in this project. It's a rare vehicle - I'd personally like to know more about such an intra-war year car. Description above is accurate. Surface rust all around, some rot in the passenger side door into the patient compartment. I'm able to say little more than that for sure.

Glass is missing from one of the two rear windows, otherwise all glass appears to be intact. The cabinet/partition is still present. From Dan Scully's posting of the 1942 Siebert brochure (http://www.professionalcarsociety.or...ad.php?t=20996) it appears that rather little of the interior is missing. I couldn't get into the back because all doors are stuck closed (handles were spinning freely on side doors). It's possible the hanging hardware is gone - or I just couldn't see it. Apparently these didn't usually come with a bench - the removable attendant seat (probably not too difficult to replicate) is missing. No cot or stretchers. Siren-light is missing and replace with an air horn with copper piping running to somewhere in the partition for the compressor. The four marker lights that would have been the emergency flashers are present, so are the two Unity spotlights - all with significant corrosion.

First four photos are from the seller. Rest are mine - unfortunately it was getting dark. Hope someone here would like to save it!
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nicholas Studer For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (11-16-2019), Clay Sellick (11-16-2019), Paul Steinberg  (11-16-2019), Steve Loftin (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:22 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,847 Times in 2,717 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

The seller could have at least taken a broom to it prior to listing it! Well, at least he has kept a roof over it. Great spider web shots!
1974 M-M Cadillac Lifeliner Ambulance(Ex Minden City/County Safety Authority, Minden, NE)