My ´58 M&M landau Futura combo

Justin Rousselot

PCS Rocky Mountain Chapter President
This car has kind of an interesting story it was bought by my late father-in-law for my mother-in-law for a wedding present she wanted hearse and this is what he bought her

Attachments

• 0831181741.jpg
    0831181741.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 247
Annnnnddd ....this is it now ...very ?

Attachments

• 20180619_134520.jpg
    20180619_134520.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 20180803_151907.jpg
    20180803_151907.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 245
What happened in the intervening years? What are your plans for it now? I am certain that it can be restored back to its original glory with time and effort.

My mother in laws ex husband thought it should be turned it to a hot rod without her permission and he tore it apart to do body work then left it how it is ..all the trim and parts are in the back of the car and the unusual intioror is still intact ( a really beautiful purple mohair even the flip up seats are upholstered in it) and the landau bars are under my bed ...i hope to restore itone day but time and money ...would love to find out more history on it

What is in front of it? Its good it has stayed in one spot. As they get passed around things get lost. Like the bars under your bed. With jump seats it's a combo. A vary desirable car. If the interier is still good put a tarp over it.

A 1949 Superior end loader currently being turned in to a hot rod ....the rear interior is completely gutted and does not have the original engine so I'm building up a Chevy 350 to put in it and redoing the interior... I have all of the trim and Landau bars for this car to the rear glass was out of it when we got it

Attachments

• 20180619_134514.jpg
    20180619_134514.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180619_133914.jpg
    20180619_133914.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 194
What is in front of it? Its good it has stayed in one spot. As they get passed around things get lost. Like the bars under your bed. With jump seats it's a combo. A vary desirable car. If the interier is still good put a tarp over it.

I will have to disagree with Ed on the tarp. Putting a tarp over a car holds the moisture in, and the car will never dry up. Putting a tarp under the car will help to keep moisture from coming up from the ground.

Welcome aboard Justin and congratulations on your cars. It would be fabulous to see the 58 restored to its original glory. I would really like to see pictures of the interior.

All the tarp has to be is big enough to cover the glass,then that will cover the vents that fill full of leaves.dirt and junk. Yes a breathable car cover is best. But you let the sun rot the dash on that 58 you just tossed 1000 bucks out the window.

I could not till if there was glass in the center doors of the 49. The military ones were just blanks.

The dash pad is taken out of the 58 and the 49 has pieces of plywood for the back windows that's how it was when we got it but it's flat glass so that should be easy to replace

That was a good thing, if it was still good. I have seen many a good interier ruined but sitting out in the sun a few years. Once its gone getting it back is all most impossible.

A 1949 Superior end loader currently being turned in to a hot rod ....

Speaking of hot rods, I was at a car show earlier this year and someone referred to my coach as a rat rod. I have to say I felt a little bit offended. I guess most people think of any car that isnt fully restored must be a rat rod.

Back