Motorola Radio Restoration

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
A friend painted the Motorola radio and speaker box for me. Now, all I have to do is find the correct brackets and screws to hang it under the dash of my 1962 Chevrolet. Somewhere in the vast expanse of the black hole, that I call my garage, I have a NOS microphone. Hopefully, it will surface by the time that one of my friends finds me the much needed mounting brackets. Put out a couple of feelers today, but none have surfaced so far.

Attachments

• MVC-022L.JPG
    MVC-022L.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 342
  • MVC-023L.jpg
    MVC-023L.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 337
The factory speaker bracket is much harder to find and more valuable than the speaker itself.

Boy am I glad you told me that cause I think I have 3 of them but if I recalled right the head was just a strap of aluminium.

Boy am I glad you told me that cause I think I have 3 of them but if I recalled right the head was just a strap of aluminium.

Motorola did sell a steel bracket for the head as well. Not much to the factory head bracket and a person could, relatively easily, duplicate that bracket.

here is my collection. I got a whole bunch of these stuff at a pallet for a dollar state auction. we have used a few but find it a lot easier to just make one out of a strap. I do have a set for the plastic speakers and one more that fits a larger speaker. this blue case one wit the gain knobe and wire for a rca plug I'm thinking is older then the tans ones.

Attachments

• IMG_6146.jpg
    IMG_6146.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_6147.jpg
    IMG_6147.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6148.jpg
    IMG_6148.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_6149.jpg
    IMG_6149.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6150.jpg
    IMG_6150.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_6151.jpg
    IMG_6151.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 268
Actually, the measurements on those 3 brackets in Ed's last photo are dead-on with the original head brackets. Those brackets would give you more adjustment as well.

Then, possibly Ed will toss one of those into the box also??? Thanks Ed:thumbsup:

Paul give me the measurement widthwise of the radio head chances are I have one. I have about two tons of tube mobile radio equipment put away in a Mayflower moving van trailer in the yard. Going to scrap it all if scrap ever goes up right now not worth loading and hauling.

The Motorola radio looks fantastic! It would most likely look good in a 68 Superior Pontiac, as well as your C-B Chevy.

Back