1963 Series 75 Limousine

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
If you are looking for a Cadillac Series 75 formal limousine, this one looks quite nice - complete with correct wide white sidewall tires. Somehow, to me, it appears that the rear seat has been re-upholstered and although it looks close, doesn't look exactly original. Now asking $5,600 in California. Nice straight example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172517398572?rmvSB=true

1963 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limousine NO RESERVE AUCTION

Thank you for viewing this listing for my 1963 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limousine.

A Little History...
The Fleetwood 75 series of Cadillac Limousines were among the most desirable of their day, and were the choice of Hollywood stars and the business elite alike. Unlike the super stretch limos common today, these are a longer wheelbase version of the already imposing sedans. They are designed to carry 3 to 6 passengers in extreme comfort, though often they were used to chauffeur just one person! Now, these are desirable as collectors items, for extremely dramatic custom car statements (just add air ride!) or for a classic addition to an existing or startup limo service.

About This Fleetwood 75
This 1963 Fleetwood 75 is a California car, with little to no rust. It is painted black, and the paint is in very good shape. On the interior, the driver's compartment is black vinyl and the passenger compartment is gray velour. In 1963, the progression toward longer, lower and sleeker design was underway. This body style still boasts long, dramatic fins, bold body lines and ornate chrome work, but has a more sleek look than its late 50’s predecessors. The car has new tires and 3in wide white walls, a new battery, as well as a new fuel pump, distributor cap, rotor arm, Pertronix electronic ignition, spark plugs and ignition leads. The fuel system has also been flushed.

It is equipped with the factory 390ci V8 and 4 speed Hydramatic automatic transmission, which runs and drives well, and should be road ready as it sits. It has been tested on standard roads to verify all gears work properly, but has not been run on the highway. Please bear in mind that if this car is being shipped, or sitting for a while before being driven, I would suggest giving it a once over before driving!

It has power windows (working), power steering (working), power brakes (working), as well as two AC/Heat units. One for the front, one for the rear. Both of these are untested, please assume they will need some work. Being a proper limousine, the car also offers a power partition window, which is also working. Outside of the AC, the only thing not working on the car are the power vent windows and the headlights. I have tracked this down to the “Autronic Eye” system (courtesy system that automatically dips the headlights when oncoming lights are detected) which either needs to be serviced or bypassed. Also, the dash pad is original and does have a crack

Thank you once again for taking the time to look at this listing, I hope you take this opportunity to bid on this beautiful classic that is sure to turn heads wherever it goes!

On Feb-06-17 at 05:29:35 PST, seller added the following information:

The limo also features cruise control as well as the "autronic" headlight system.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 158
Yes, the grey velour upholstery in the rear was a bad choice. Can't understand why folks do this as correct upholstery material is attainable. Pretty straight looking limo though, all-in-all.

I have to disagree with you on the wide white wall tires Keith. Those white walls are too wide for a '63.

The seller claims that those are 3" whitewalls Ed.

Nothing had 3" whitewalls as an option from the factory in 1963. 3" whitewalls are even too wide on a '59/'60 Cadillac.

They don't resemble the last set of 3 in I put on. The problem with tires today is if you get a correct Width its not on the right size of tires.

Back