1951 Cadillac Hearse

1951 Cadillac Hearse - $15495 (10720 Cyntheanne rd)

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5851333702.html

A must see.
Financing warranty and nationwide delivery available. Please do not text, Thank you.
1951 Cadillac Hearse 331-C.I.- V-8
46,000.00 original miles.
$15.495.00
3-Speed Manual Transmission
All leather front interior
Original crushed velvet rear compartment & carpet.
Side & Rear loader

Wide white wall tires
Chrome wheels
Mechanically sound and ready to drive.
$15.495.00 please call with any
questions. Fin ancient Warranty and Nation wide delivery. Available
Great condition.
11/17/16 - post id: 5851333702 - posted: 20 days ago

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 361
Baloney. The coach is not "gone". It's in beautiful, survivor condition. Seriously, how hard is it to replace the rear interior? If not with rollers and the proper hardware with a new plywood platform, just putting a flat, carpeted area would suffice.

See the good things about the coach and compliment the good things about it.

Christ almighty......

Would love to see the engine compartment...

1951 Cadillac Hearse

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 46000
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: other

Baloney. The coach is not "gone". It's in beautiful, survivor condition. Seriously, how hard is it to replace the rear interior? If not with rollers and the proper hardware with a new plywood platform, just putting a flat, carpeted area would suffice.

See the good things about the coach and compliment the good things about it.

Christ almighty......

But only if you want to walk around on the out side.this one was most likely a side service car. Slapping a little plywood down and carpeting is what they all ready did. If you have no interest in the preservation of the original you can do anything you want and call it a a hearse. But once you remove what made it one, all you have is one more that will never be what it was. it takes time and money. You will get as much inside as you do out. But when your done you have a hearse.

Way this is is one nice car rebuilt into a semi hot rod. Now being sold off hoping to get there money back out.

Ed,
No, this one had to be either a combination or an end-loader. Note the partition. It has window cranks on the side doors which would lead you to believe combo, but they did have crank side glass on end-loaders as well back then. No step on the rear bumper, which would lead you to believe end-loader. I am also betting that it has roller shades, in addition to those beautiful drapes!

This was, obviously, an extremely nice car prior to someone tearing out the rear floor based on the condition of the remaining original Mohair interior(he calls it velvet). It is really unfortunate that this was done to such a nice coach.

much better put then I did. it does look like they stopped just shy of putting the rear seat in place. what you can see of the pictures off crags list the original interior is in good shape.

now of course the it's your car do as you want comes into play. but my bets on it bring the money asked are not likely.
were with the original interior in place and a shinny black paint job I would say he would be low. or at least a easy sell at the asking figure.

The big thing when the interior is taken out is then loss of all the hardware. In the case of this one all the screws would have been oval head slotted screws that were chrome plated. The trim it's self is not produced any more. Getting vary hard to find it for the 60 - 70s stuff. Now if one is not concerned with restoring only making it usable again as a hearse. Putting back in the front half of the floor and the supports for it, then finishing it off with current hardware is indeed possable. That would make it usable for the proposed it was designed for. But that will not make it a 51. One would need a donor car to get the correct hardware to restore it.

There is a difference in restore and rebuild. I was speaking from a restore point. One can rebuild the car into anything there pocket book will allow. This one with the front still there and only the floor not original could easily be restored if you can find a donor car. The material you can buy the hardware you can't.

They are only original once. Once modified/altered, it can never be original again.

you are correct but once original gets weathered to the point that it is no longer desirable it can be restored. once the original has been modified restoration becomes more difficult.

but I under stand the mentality of people that would call a to the max highboy a 29 modal A. it's easier to say then, it started life as a 29 modal A roster but now only the basis body resembles one.

Back