rear belt line superior molding

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
in taking apart the 67 I have discovered that I in need of the rear door molding that separates the steel shell from the fiberglass window frame. it should be the same from 65 to 71 at least. I would prefer one that is not plated. but if you have a spare one of them and could toss in the around the quarters pair also I would be tickled pint. the ones off this crown are plated and the electrolysis has eaten them up also.

still in need of a main leaf spring from any 58 to 76 Commercial chassis to replace my broken one.

Attachments

• IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4539.jpg
    IMG_4539.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 274
Ed,
You might want to double check on the '71s and newer. I have a couple of spare '72ish Superior rear doors and I am relatively certain that your molding will be different on the '71-'76s.

I have a spring for ya Ed, you just need to stop by and take it off.

It might be awhile. Do I need to bring my own Smith wrench?
I could be wrong but I remember my 71 as being the same. But Either way any of the 65 up to 70 should do. One can fix a lot but you is gone. Nicole ,chrome , aluminum and bare steel mixed with water and road salt are not a good combination.

The '71-'76 Superior rear door skins have a vertical body line, I believe. Similar to, but different than, the S&S doors.

If anyone has access to the Superior Pontiac part numbers, check to see what it shows for a part number.

now then I just checked my pictures and the 71 has the molding I need. all of these molding are cut from bar stock extrusion. they are made from soft aluminum and cut to length for the car during final assembly. all superior did was but them up to the molding in front of it so there is no over lap. a longer molding then what I need can easily be cut down a piece of straight stock can be bent around the corner. the high end car had them plated the others were not just polished. here is the same molding off the 71 straight hears. I could make these work on this 67 combo. I put up a picture of the back side of the molding and the slid in t bolts they used.

I can get a cleaner picture of the back side but they used the same molding between the glass panel and the roof for a long time. and on all of the modals.which is why they all have the same problem with water getting in.

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3569a.jpg
    IMG_3569a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 261
here is a picture of the molding from the end. they were bend to shape and cut to fit style . with a t bolt that would slide down the grove to be positioned were ever they wanted it. the grove was filled with sealer when it was placed agent the body and tighten down. it sounds like I may have a lead on a set so here is keeping my fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_4558a.jpg
    IMG_4558a.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 196
Back