1979 Cadillac Miller Meteor

Philip Scanio

PCS Member / Super Site Supporter
We are the second owner of a 1979 Cadillac Miller Meteor Funeral Coach. The coach builders tag shows a build date of July 1979. Since Miller Meteor ceased operations in December of 1979, I am wondering how many units were made the last year. Does anyone know how to find this information by VIN?

the MM number on the tag will till you how many were built from yours back.
but from what i was told all of the records from the company went in the trash. so production numbers are not known.

Welcome aboard Philip! While I have not got your answer, I believe that your question will be answered by one of our resident experts.

Thanks Ed. I looked today and the coachbuilder tag shows #79278 so I presume # 278 1979 built by MM. I saved an article from April 2008 that showed Chuck Kramer had a 1979 combo MM with # 250. This makes me think that ours had to be one of the last built. I did not know until today that Cadillac only built 864 commercial chassis cars for 1979. This car is a backup for our other two coaches but I would like to get it back in tip-top shaped to drive to a PCS meet. That is also why I posted about the 18 year old tires. I would appreciate anyones knowledge on the MM production numbers.

Thanks Ed. I looked today and the coachbuilder tag shows #79278 so I presume # 278 1979 built by MM. I saved an article from April 2008 that showed Chuck Kramer had a 1979 combo MM with # 250. This makes me think that ours had to be one of the last built. I did not know until today that Cadillac only built 864 commercial chassis cars for 1979. This car is a backup for our other two coaches but I would like to get it back in tip-top shaped to drive to a PCS meet. That is also why I posted about the 18 year old tires. I would appreciate anyones knowledge on the MM production numbers.

I can't believe Tony Karsnia hasn't shared some info on this? Any chance of getting someone to post some photos? Tkx!

the only thing safe to assume is that there were 277 cars built before yours by MM. but with the cars spread across 3 names it got to be fairly close. as I recall superior was building the last set of cars for S&S along with theirs at this time. Collen's was doing some also but they have always been a limited run. the years run together on me but coachbuilder.com has that history of who was still alive in 79 you just have to look them up one at a time.

Back