Superior vs M-M

Andrew G. Zajkowski

PCS Member / Super Site Supporter 9 years
I always wondered on this one, is the door glass on a 71-76 a different size on Superior conversion vs the door glass on a M-M to me it appear's the glass is longer on the M-M conversion. i did get a answer at the micro meet. but forgot what was said.

Last edited:
Each manufacturer used their own side glass and rear door glass. Usually the side glass is able to be obtained from similar coaches of similar years that are being broken up for parts. As a coach gets older, the harder it is to find glass for it, with the exception of the windshield. Rear door glass seems to be the hardest to find, since it was usually sourced from some other vehicle, but what that vehicle was, is seldom if ever known. I searched for 3 years to learn where the rear door glass came from for my 1963 Pinner Chrysler and only learned what it was a couple of months ago. I also learned that it is extremely rare car model, and was told that it would be next to impossible to find. Thanks to Ed Renstrom, I now have 2 spares, and hope that I will never need them.. Paul

what is the same and what is different is indeed a my mystery. I compare the door glass in the 75 criterion my 72 cb. Both Wayne coaches. way different glass. but the life liner looks the same. as none of the doors will inter change between the modals then it stands to reason that the glass is different in them to. but I would bet that there is a exception to this . but which one??

Breif M-M glass interchange lesson!

The door glass for the #1 front RH and LH doors and #2 side LH and RH doors for all M-M models from 1971-1976 are the same for M-M. The quarter glass is the same (except for Eterna models) for 1971-1973 and changes to a different size from 1974-1976 on the limo style cars. The rear loading door glass is the same on all 1969-1976 M-M models. All glass was available in clear, tinted and EZI.

except for the criterion. they are different on the top. I'm pretty sure that the cb and MM will fit in those years also. but haven't had the opportunity to compare them side by side and I think the front door is smaller on the cb

except for the criterion. they are different on the top. I'm pretty sure that the cb and MM will fit in those years also. but haven't had the opportunity to compare them side by side and I think the front door is smaller on the cb

According to the M-M parts book it says the door glass fits all M-M models, Lifeliner and the Criterion would be the same as well. As for C/B's I don't have any data for them parts book wise. But I think they used the same rear doors and rear door glass as M-M did though for sure. I have Kent's 74 C/B out behind my barn and I'll have to go out there with a tape measure and cigar in hand and do some research there. I Never really noticed the difference in the rear quarter glass from 73's to 74's till I had my 73 M-M parked along side Dr. Burchfield's 74 M-M this past weekend down in Georgia and it looked like there was about a 3 inch height difference between the two glass panels with the 74's quarter glass being taller. Never noticed that looking at other 74 and newer limo style M-M's before.

Jeremy, I think you mean Dr. Burchfield's 75 Miller Meteor, not 74. It is a beautiful no matter what year. I did love seeing your 73, finally.

when I set the glass up agents my glass on the 72 cb the criterion was at least 3 inches higher in the rear. there front door is tapered at the top. I know it doesnt look it but it is. I'm sure the lifeliner is flat on the top. just like the cb

Back