Yellow Fog Lights

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
While we are on the subject of lights can I ask if we can ad yellow 'fog' lights to this thread? I can find 6 volt ones at every car swap meet and flea market. What I want is a matched pair of 12 volt ones. The ones on the front of my coach are not the exact same color. I will have to measure for size. These are sealed beam lights.
Mike

get the lights you want and put the 12 volt yellow bulbs in them. there is no difference in the light it's self, it's the bulb that is 6 or 12 or 8 or 24 or 36 volts.

more on yellow lights

My 12 volt sealed beam lights have yellow lenses. There is no way to change the bulb...it is all one unit. The bulb is not the problem its the lenses. The problem is that the lenses are not the same hue of yellow. One sealed unit has obviously been replaced at some time in history. Not by me. Back in the 50s and 60s around here they were called fog lights. These are the only caution/warning lights on my 61 MM. They are mounted on the front bumper and wired through a flasher. Its a little thing, but its one of those that I see everytime I open the garage door. Maybe I should drive into the garage instead of backing in.
Mike

this of course is the problem with the colored lights. if you don't change them in pairs you get a different shade every time you buy one. if you don't watch what you get your lens is not patterned for what you need either . notice the set that Paule has shown are labeled fog lights. the lens cast in the sealed beam are made to put the light down low. so now the question comes up. do your yellow lights come on steady with the switch or do they flash? it may be that at sometime some one replaced the reds with yellow.
in which case one could get a set of reds or one red. or change the miss matched yellow to white. you could change you fog lights to driving lights. but all they are is a sealed beam. with I would imagine a flat not curved face. were they are still replacement beams out there find one to match one or the other light may be hard. I do know what you mean about having to look at it every time you walk up to it. that vary thing has made me spend a lot of money over time. so anyone know were you can buy the sealed beams in yellow?

Bulbs

Mike,
I have PAR 46 #4412A, 12 volt, original amber bulbs where the color is mixed into the glass during manufacture, not the later dyed bulbs. These are the same construction as the one that Paul has pictured on a previous answer to your query. His are #4412 which is the clear version of this bulb. The price is $14.50 each plus shipping. You can email me directly at john@sirenman.com
John Dorgan

While we are on the subject of lights can I ask if we can ad yellow 'fog' lights to this thread? I can find 6 volt ones at every car swap meet and flea market. What I want is a matched pair of 12 volt ones. The ones on the front of my coach are not the exact same color. I will have to measure for size. These are sealed beam lights.
Mike

John, got a set of red ones for sale? I want to mount a set below my bumper next the license plate. Here is a shot of what I had on the bumpettes but they are in too rough of shape to be reused.

Ricahrd

P1010047.jpg

Lights

John, got a set of red ones for sale? I want to mount a set below my bumper next the license plate. Here is a shot of what I had on the bumpettes but they are in too rough of shape to be reused.

Ricahrd

P1010047.jpg

Get 2 Large Spotlights or road Lights and Put red Bulbs in them

Russ

Back