1st one to head to Minnesota...

I would bet "The Ga-Father" is the first one headed to Minnesota and already on the road. I talked with him as he was pulling in to his hotel last evening in Georgia.
Man wish I was going.....

I also trust that Bill & Karen will be using lots of back roads to get north from Florida to Minnesota, as this was their method of tackling last year's trip to Milwaukee. Nothing pleases me more than the discovery I'm not the only "shun-piker" in the PCS! U.S. 6, U.S. 30 and U.S. 52 are forecasted to figure prominently in my own trek test through Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. Why should I muddle through the traffic of central Chicago?

I also trust that Bill & Karen will be using lots of back roads to get north from Florida to Minnesota, ?

You would be correct. Bill called me the other day telling me of some of his stops in my area, but unfortunately Im not going to be able to meet up with him because I already had other plans.
Back roads are the only way to travel, you also see more cars sitting that need rescued that way.

the nice part of the roads less populated are that the speed limit is up as you go west and you can make as good time on them as you can bouncing along on the rough always under construction interstate. we how ever are stuck on 190. from here to there it's the only rout.

I would bet "The Ga-Father" is the first one headed to Minnesota and already on the road. I talked with him as he was pulling in to his hotel last evening in Georgia.
Man wish I was going.....

Speaking of the "Ga Father" there is a full color spread and article in the Current Hemmings on his Chevy Suburban / (________) Ambulance for those of you that haven't seen it yet. MM

Legendary roads

Hwy 61 from the gulf to Minnesota is a fabled road. On my bucket list to travel the 1,400 miles. Follows the river, the "Blues Hwy", Bob Dylan made it famous again in the early sixties.

I did the first 450 miles of my drive to Minnesota today. Being that it's such a long drive, I'm going to be breaking it up a lot. I'll be spending a few days in Chicago with family and hunting down some kayak rental places along the way too so I can check a few more states off of my list of states that I've kayaked in. See you all next week!

I did the first 450 miles of my drive to Minnesota today. Being that it's such a long drive, I'm going to be breaking it up a lot. I'll be spending a few days in Chicago with family and hunting down some kayak rental places along the way too so I can check a few more states off of my list of states that I've kayaked in. See you all next week!

Safe travels Sarah!

Back