76 Miller-Meteor Combination

"...having spent most of its life inTexas..." Uh huh, where'd they dream that up? I think Ron D. knows something of the history of this car, having owned it for a while.

The car was actually sold new to a funeral home in Columbus, Ohio. The funeral home was sold to SCI when the owner was diagnosed with Alzheimers. I then bought the car, then Josh Gentry THEN I think it went to Texas.

Interesting. It is the first time I have ever saw a 1974 with later rectangular headlamps. 74 fenders, hood, side lights & grill, but 75-76 headlamps w/ mounting panels. 74 was the last year for round lamps on Cadillac Calis, DeVille & Fleetwood. I have hung many a 75-76 front bolt on clip on a 74 to 71car but never a mix. Interesting for sure.

I'm in the minority... I like the rectangular headlights better than the round on the 1970's cars.

I TOO AM A FAN OF THE RECTANGULAR LIGHTS. Yes a sealed beam replacement was about $5.95. Today 2016 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor $1240.00 2016 Sedan Police interceptor $800.00 plus. in fairness price is supposed to drop in 2019 to only $475.00 the tailights for the Explorer are $850.00.

Lights

They look ok. But the 75/76 with the correct front group are great looking. Had a 75 that I should have kept. :(

Attachments

• 75MMHRS.JPG
    75MMHRS.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
will you can't drive the all. I don't know why the just didn't add the cover to get they air flow which really doesn't mean and thing till you got up past hw speeds any way. but now the led are 110 volts in the things you can kill yourself making a wrong grab in there.

The hid are junk talk about tunnel vision. The new replacement led do put out a large amount of light.
But not vary directed in the current !ight fixtures.

Said coach up for auction again - but bidding to $10,500 and reserve not yet met. With the long standing BIN price of $31,500 I’m guessing the bidding won’t reach the seller’s reserve. I actually really like the blue over brown.

I don't like the blue at all and I didn't like the goofy brown 2-tone any better. He will have a tough time just getting $7500 for it. Original is always best!

Another auction ends without meeting reserve (surprise) and back to BIN for $24k. Reserve is still probably 2x where it should be.

Back