Brooklin's 1960 Miller-Meteor Guardian Model

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Tom McPherson sent me the following note along with a request that I post it to the PCS Message Board. So…here it is:

Many members that attended the Flint, Michigan Micro-Meet in February saw the Brooklin Models display and heard via a Trans-Atlantic phone presentation about Brooklin’s new range of professional vehicle models. I am delighted to be able to inform PCS members that the project is progressing nicely with the first model in this series – the 1934 Miller-Buick Art Model – on schedule for release this summer. Work has already progressed on the second in the series – the 1934 Miller-LaSalle Art Carved hearse - and others as well. The company has also begun work towards the launch of an outstanding replica of the 1960 Miller-Meteor Guardian ambulance which will receive its official introduction at next year’s Micro-Meet. In recent discussions with Brooklin’s General Manager regarding this particular offering, the question of colors arose. I suggested that we let interested members of the PCS assist with that decision. So…here we go. The vehicle will be two-toned. In the M-M catalogues over the Guardian’s production run, the vehicle was depicted in red and white, gold and white and green and gold. What colors would you like to see this model finished in? Post your preferred color combinations and we’ll use this as a guide for the model. Please note, if the model sells well in its initial color scheme, it can be re-issued in other colors later. Give the matter some thought and let us know in what colors you’d like to see this model finished. Your participation is invited and appreciated. Thanks. - Tom McPherson

What else could you expect from me!

Top= Aspen White
Middle= Bolero Red
Bottom= Aspen White

:myopinion:

Over and out!

Rick

I vote for the gold-and-white brouchure colors because it's a combination you almost never see on ambulance models. In the same spirit, I've never regretted being in the minority that purchased a 1/18th-scale 1959 Superior ambulance in pale blue metallic with the white top. Brooklin Models DOES, by the way, have a history of re-releasing old favorites in new colors, so be patient if your first choice is not the first to market!

I don't care what color, how soon can I order one? :657:

According to Tom, the 1960 Miller-Meteor Guardian model will have its official introduction and launch at the Micro-Meet in Flint in February of 2013 - just 7months away. Brooklin's General Manager/owner will also be coming over from England for the event. Tom's hoping that the Brooklin's North American distributor (Paul Bender who was at this year's meet) will be bringing plenty to sell on site so.....bring money.

Pcs approved replicas

Tom is keeping track of your color suggestions/preferances. Please, if you haven't yet participated, let him have your in-put - every vote counts. He also tells me that following a discussion with our newly elected President (Paul Steinberg), he's going to suggest that Brooklin place a PCS logo sticker on the box indicating that this and other models in the new Brooklin professional car series are "PCS approved replicas". Your thoughts on this as well would be appreciated.

Back