Pontiac Hearse - $8500

1955 Pontiac Hearse
This Pontiac Hearse has:
Engine: V8
Transmission: 3 Speed Manual on the tree
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Black
Handles have been shaved

What more can you say. This car has been in Arizona for over 50 years. Runs and drives great has a casket in the back also a jump seat with light for patients. This is just a cool car. This car would be great to either Restore or Rat Rod it out.

Completely new bodies and chassis were introduced for 1955. A new 173 hp overhead valve V8 engine was introduced. Sales increased with the introduction of this V8, the six-cylinder engines were discontinued; a six-cylinder would not return to the full-size Pontiac line until the GM corporate downsizing of 1977. A four-cylinder engine was introduced in the Tempest model line in 1961, followed by an overhead-cam six-cylinder starting in 1966, as well as on the Firebird. It was the first popular-priced, mass-produced engine in America utilizing an overhead-camshaft configuration.
For more info please contact Rob Webb at 208-416-1515

Attachments

• 55 pontiac.jpg
    55 pontiac.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 272
As i remember them the handles were a flush mount with out the cups. So puting them back on would not be that hard. Finding the rear door or making one out of the side door might be a bit of a chalange. door locks are not easy to cut in either.

Most '55 Pontiacs that I've seen have been Superiors but here is a 1955 Pontiac National from "back in the day".
It is was from Hanover. Not sure which state.

Attachments

• 55NationalPontiacHanoverNo1PAs.jpg
    55NationalPontiacHanoverNo1PAs.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 232
Most '55 Pontiacs that I've seen have been Superiors but here is a 1955 Pontiac National from "back in the day".
It is was from Hanover. Not sure which state.
Paul is right, there are a lot of places called Hanover in the US. This ambulance is from Hanover, Pennsylvania, where I used to work. I recognize the firehouse, it still exists but is now privately owned. The ambulance is, of course, long gone.

Link to old Hanover Fire Co. #1 firehouse, Hanover, PA

Attachments

• Hanover-Broadway.jpg
    Hanover-Broadway.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Back