Drape Rods and Mounts

Hello folks, and happy weekend. I am seeking photos of drape rods and mounts for my 1963 S&S Victoria Three-Way Landau. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Drapes

Hello folks, and happy weekend. I am seeking photos of drape rods and mounts for my 1963 S&S Victoria Three-Way Landau. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

My 61 S&S has airline type drapes ,rods are just flat bar with the buttons, if your 63 uses this style drapes I would think they use they same style of hardware?

Attachments

• DSC01401.jpg
    DSC01401.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01351.jpg
    DSC01351.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01407.jpg
    DSC01407.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01404.jpg
    DSC01404.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 65
if your missing all the hardware they are just flat aluminum bar stock. the round buttons would have to be cut on a lath from round stock but it could be done.

I would post a note in the wanted section on this site. ALWAYS better to have the originals and you never know what someone might have in their stash!

Those that Dan posted, look very much like the ones that Miller Meteor used. As for finding used one, it might not be that easy. I have quite a number of rods that I purchased over the years, and what I realized is that there are no 2 cars alike when it comes to the rods. They drilled the holes, and made a rod to fit that door. The rod from the left side of the car is different than the rod from the right side of the car, because they were all "custom" built. I got curtain rods out of a 1962 Olds CB, which is the same body as my 1962 Chevy CB, and not one rod is the same length, as what was in my car, nor are there 2 alike from the Olds.
Every rod that I have seen from that era was steel, and then chrome plated.

Very true on the rods. Have never seen M-M, C-B, or S&S that were aluminum. Always chrome over steel. That said, I would definitely not go to the expense of machining the attaching hardware as they are consistent and available.

the 73 pictures I have show the flat bar and disks in the S&S I have one pictures of a 63 wit airplane style on with drapes. on a Victoria. so either would be OK. the formal drapes were a extra set of panels.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1963 S&S 2.jpg
    1963 S&S 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 50
Back