raidator anyone

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
i found my self in need of a clean and repair on a GM 4 cor . as we were getting other parts for the car we checked out a replacement and what it would cost. picked up this copper 4 cor replacement GM heavy duty radiator with everything but the engine oil cooler for 58 bucks out of rock auto. someone is dumping there slow moving copper. if your thinkig about needing one best check it out I could not have gotten this 40 year old one repaired for that money

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 60
1975 Pontiac Catalina. was what I was looking under. stranded full size gm cross flow. the only difference in this one is the return for the heater in the radiator. the aftermarket people had it figured out you put it in all passable combinations and give the man a plug. this one wold be a drop in for the 72 Oldsmobile or Caddy as they returned to the radiator. I'll put the cap on for the poncho.

I would have gone for the aluminum one like we put in the 72 olds but it was 60 bucks more.when I priced out a new copper one for it they wanted 300 bucks for one.

as the saying goes every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut. as copper was good enough for 41 years on this car it should last another 40 again. buy the time I sell off the old one for scrap this one is almost free.

Back