ID for Cot

can someone tell me if this is a Ferno Model 30 ? I think it is

now in the Horton I have a floor mount locking pin but the strecher pin is too short to lock in (by three hairs ) is the strecher correct for the floor mount or do I have the wrong strecher ? do I need a model 28 ?

I know I asked this question before but I can't find the thread on the subject

thanks
mike

Attachments

• Copy of ferno.jpg
    Copy of ferno.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 73
  • inside the horton 001.jpg
    inside the horton 001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 73
  • car show 012.jpg
    car show 012.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 73
Call Ferno Washington and give them the serial number, they can tell you the model number and the year it was manufactured.
I just lately ended up with two one man stretchers in need of repair that were Ferno's, gave them the serial number and found out one was manufactured in 1972 and one in 1981, and both were Model 26's, which I hadn't seen or used since the early 80's...
I am having both refurbished now.

Call Ferno Washington and give them the serial number, they can tell you the model number and the year it was manufactured.
I just lately ended up with two one man stretchers in need of repair that were Ferno's, gave them the serial number and found out one was manufactured in 1972 and one in 1981, and both were Model 26's, which I hadn't seen or used since the early 80's...
I am having both refurbished now.

Who does the refurbishing, and how reasonable is the cost? I have a couple that could use the service. thanks Paul

can someone tell me if this is a Ferno Model 30 ? I think it is

now in the Horton I have a floor mount locking pin but the strecher pin is too short to lock in (by three hairs ) is the strecher correct for the floor mount or do I have the wrong strecher ? do I need a model 28 ?

I know I asked this question before but I can't find the thread on the subject

thanks
mike

Here is your original thread..... ....... it had been identified as a Ferno Model 35A by Steve Tarbert

Who does the refurbishing, and how reasonable is the cost? I have a couple that could use the service. thanks Paul

It is a company called EMSAR, our closest here is in Raleigh, NC and Columbia, SC... so I trundled the two down to Columbia the day before Thanksgiving in the green '92 and had a nice trip.
They do the repairs to Ferno warranty quality, so it can be pricey.
I had a one man multi level Ferno several years ago that cost $500 to fix. The quotes I have back now are $180.62 for one of them, and $467.21 for the other... the high dollar repair has a broken left release lever...

I know Toronto Paramedics has their own stretcher repair dept at their repair shop
two guys who has worked there for years do nothing but repair them and they have old parts coming out of their butts.

maybe check out the larger Ambulance services in larger cities maybe they have the same thing going on as Toronto ??

just a thought

Back