"The Professional Car" Back Issues

If you are interested in back issues of our award-winning magazine, “The Professional Car”, please read the following from PCS Member Myron Gittell:

“Hope this finds you well and involved. I recently retired …am 75; staying active but am reducing my load.

Looking to give away all my copies of TPC, 100 copies at least. I'll pay shipping. “

If you’re interested, please email Myron at: myrongit@yahoo.com

What a treasure trove! Would be amazing if he donated them to the society, and we could scan them for members' to enjoy online!

What a treasure trove! Would be amazing if he donated them to the society, and we could scan them for members' to enjoy online!

I sent Myron an email yesterday at 4:11 PM suggesting just that. Haven't heard back, and I just hope that they weren't already promised to someone else. I know that Brady Smith, the Archivist has some, but not all of the back issues, and also that some of the back issues are missing in the Storekeepers (Nick Studer) catalog of back issues. In the past, the Storekeeper would have reproductions of back issues printed, however, that is an expensive task, that I am not certain is in the best interest of the Society as a whole. I know that most of the car clubs report that once an issue is no longer available, that they don't do reproductions, since it is so costly. This is why I recommend that people order back issues as soon as they realize that they will want them. It also helps the Society financially.

Quite a few years ago I purchased an original or copy of every issue of The Professional Car that was ever issued. Pleased to have them. Most are printed in black and white, then 1 copy a year was printed in color not like the current issues always in color.

Back