1976 Ambulance

Superior...

It looks like its sitting on WHEELS (as opposed to tires).:eek:

Of course no photos of interior,if there is one left after "missing some glass"..:eek:

I looked at this car at least 5 years ago. It is buried in the woods in a closed junk yard. about 2 to 300 feet off road. Trees growing all around. The shame of this is that when this car was taken out of service, it was driven to where it now rests.
At the time I offered $1,000.00 for it and they refused my offer. It has been sitting in the dirt for so long that i am sure nothing is left underneath.
Removing it would be a major undertaking. You would need a chain saw and a lot of strong friends. Also a big rollback. Not for the faint of heart.
I took a bunch of pictures back then. I'll see if I can find and post some of them.

Really unusual '76 Superior 54" with it having the double tunnel lights in front! Horrible photos, but you don't see any rust in the photos. That said, I also just bought one of those ambulances that "looked great" when photographed in tall grass!! This rig is worth the $1500, even if it does end up being just a parts car! Someone really needs to grab it!

Several years ago I purchased a '61 Imperial LeBaron that had laid on its belly in a Platte River valley pasture for 3 decades. It had 1 rim on it. I got it home, stripped out the carpet in the passenger compartment and trunk, and found the most pristine floors that I have ever seen. Now, I will attribute this miracle to there being no trees within a quarter mile, sandy soil, and the passenger front window being left down about 1 inch. The window being down an inch (and the fact that it was a 4-door hardtop) allowed it to breathe. All floors, trunk floor, and frame were perfect. Soil type and trees make a huge difference in how a car holds up under these conditions.

Yes, it should be saved, however, at what cost? You really have to want this car, and be ready to spend a lot of money to get it back on the road. A missing radiator can cost your $400 to replace, and who knows what glass is missing, and how much damage the weather has caused to the inside. With enough time, patience, and money, just about anything can be saved. I would expect that the seller would at least deliver the car to the main road. If you are going to need a roll back to get it, and have to cut a roadway through trees to get the truck to the car, that can get expensive very quickly. Keep in mind that once you cut the tree down, you are going to need a way to remove the tree, and have a place to put the tree. This means having a backhoe on site to do this work.

That 76 Superior was once a beautiful rig. Having seen where it currently rests I can't agree more with Paul. This one would not be worth it. If anyone buys this unit, please let me know when you go to retrieve it. I would love to take pics and help with it's rescue. BTW, Holley Fire has discontinued providing ambulance service.

I have paid $1500 for a lessor (parts)ambulance and put as much effort into it! It all depends on how badly you want the car or the parts.

So have I. to far away to even think of for me and not one that I am that excited yours is closer and easer to get. Or as the say there is another one.

Finally got time to look for pics from 5 years ago. I had covered the back door with some heavy plastic before I left. Imagine how big those trees are now.
Sad to see such a gorgeous old gal rot like that. :confused:

Attachments

• GEDC1207.jpg
    GEDC1207.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 144
  • GEDC1221.jpg
    GEDC1221.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 136
  • GEDC1213.jpg
    GEDC1213.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 130
  • GEDC1224.jpg