Just check the tires...

For about 6 weeks I've tried to figure out why my Lifeliner seemed to lean to the left when looking at it from behind. I recently replaced the rear air shocks thinking this may have had affect on it. Nope. I had front end work done and thought maybe my guy did something up there. Nope. I then thought about cramming in those spring spaces but coil springs too tight for that to happen. So when I pulled the Lifeliner out for the parade last week I noticed the left front tire seemed very low. I checked the air pressure and it only had 5 #'s of air in it. I topped it off and guess what, it leveled the old girl out and now rides perfectly level again.

Lesson learned, "Always check tire pressure before heading down that road of maybe it's this or maybe it's that".

I know the feeling. I had a new 1981 Town Car that was not level looking at it from the rear. The dealer checked springs and shocks. Finally, I used a yard stick and found the bumper was higher on one side that the other. I bet ED would have discovered that at first glance.

We do forget to check those tires. The easy check for supenshion is to first air the tires the take a tape measure placed at the jack point raise it till it touches then lock it down and try to slide it under the same spot on the other side. It will show it right now. Just remember 1/4 inch Is factory standard.

Some might have to have the wheels off the ground, before they can slide under the car.. It's called old age and enjoying food!:D

Back