Brake help needed

I need new brakes on my 1970 Superior. The place I took it to today says they can't get parts... I've checked online - I can't find part numbers for brake rotors on a commercial chassis. I thought they were the same as a Fleetwood 75 - if so, they are standard Cadillac parts. Somehow I just know that is too good to be true... Does anyone know what parts interchange? Thx.

They are different than regular caddy. Car Quest still can get them. Part number is 5502 and can be ordered from any location but they will come out of their warehouse's. Price about $100 each. Hope this helps.:thankyou2:

do you remember what years that number covers? been my experance that from about 66 to 70 stayed the same up or down were different.

Danny

Your parts guy is "having lunch" !

"Out to Lunch" is a parts guy that says they are
"discontinued" or are "not available".

These are the parts guys that just don't give a sh*t or don't care to help out a car guy in need of older model parts.

Sometimes it is good to "buy your parts guy lunch" for the extra effort they put in finding the parts you need instead of being like the rest who won't.

Luckily I take good care of the guy I use for almost every part I buy !
A few extra bucks go a long way ! ...and make the next purchase that much easier !

Darren

:thumb:

Danny

Your parts guy is "having lunch" !

"Out to Lunch" is a parts guy that says they are
"discontinued" or are "not available".

These are the parts guys that just don't give a sh*t or don't care to help out a car guy in need of older model parts.

Sometimes it is good to "buy your parts guy lunch" for the extra effort they put in finding the parts you need instead of being like the rest who won't.

Luckily I take good care of the guy I use for almost every part I buy !
A few extra bucks go a long way ! ...and make the next purchase that much easier !

Darren

:thumb:

Come on Darren, be nice. He really had went to lunch. Ok for who ever wants to know the front disc brakes rotors for a 69-72 commercial chassis is the same one and available through car quest as earlier stated.

I researched this yesterday, and called James to tell him the results, since the website went down, however, he has yet to call me back. Danny, I saw your post today, and confirmed that the number that I had is the same as what you have. The disc is from 1968 to 1970 application. Starting in 1971, it appears that it changed numbers, and is the same from 1971 through 1976. It changed again in 1977, but I haven't followed up on that number. All of this sometimes is speculation, since the information in the aftermarket is wrong in many instances. Only having the physical part in hand to compare to the original will you know for certain if it will work or not.

Back