'51 Chev. Service Car In MO

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024

Attachments

• '51 Chev..jpg
    '51 Chev..jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 630
Relatively scarce vehicle. However it is a 1950 Chevrolet. Looks a though there was a possible coach maker's badge on the fender below the Chevy badge. Both National and Barnett put out vehicles like this by stretching the stock sedan delivery by 18". The extension table may have come with it.
For comparison I attached a pic of an ad for 1950 Chevy Service car by National.

Attachments

• National Airport Bus (2).jpg
    National Airport Bus (2).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 598
They are a simple car to re do. A numb of of sites selling chevy parts. My guess it every one bought the wreaths out of the funeral supply catalog. It would be nice if the spears were still there.

Steve, Thanks for the clarification. I completely misread the post thinking, in my mind, economy meant good price - lol. Could not make out the badge. Thanks for highlighting it. Sucks loosing sight.

Factor in in 51 there were few new cars available for purchase by the public, let alone PV builders.

Looking at the pic reminds me of a warehouse full of replacement rocker panels that hadn't sold by 65 and were getting scrapped.
No Bondo back then lead spray applied and a good deal of window screen shaped into the body to hang the lead onto.
ocker panels were 18 months to replacement and exhausts were lucky to last a year.

The school where my mother worked bought one of the airport sedans with Power Glide no less in 50 WOW gave new meaning to the word SLOW. A steep hill near the school had to be pulled in low. A big come down from the 40s Buick Limiteds they used before it. The Limiteds did last till the mid 50s however.

One will have to ask. It says auto but list 3 speed. What people are mistaking for the extended table is the spare tire hatch.

Back