'68 Superior LWB Ambulance In MN

Lights and hard to find correct siren mount is there will worth thinking about. That door will a little thought to get it stretched back out. But defently do able. Rust is there in the normal places. You never know how bad it is till you get into it.

Saginaw, MN looks to be just a short distance west of Duluth, MN.

What is, what looks to be, a beacon on the roof? Can't make it out.

Per Tony Karsnia:

"The 68 Superior Pontiac Ambulance you see on eBay was bought new by Erie Mining along the North Shore of MN. There were two identical, a 67 that Jeff Damm has, and this 68 that has been owned since the early 90’s by a gent in Duluth. The mileage on this rig is correct at an original 9k. It was in service as a mine ambulance at LTV Mine in Hoyt Lakes, MN until 1991. The roof light is an aftermarket thing they put on, assumably when the beacon got lopped off on a garage door."

Unfortunately, when you present a car as a piece of junk, folks are going to expect to buy it at junk price!

Will there is good junk and bad junk. This one is inbetween junk. Trust me i know junk. Its a grand car at best. The interier being good and all the trim ok. Lights all there except the top dome is another plus. That alone will save you around 6 to 8 grand in restoration money. So if your paying some one look to get 10 in rust repair and paint. You could do it your self for less the 5 if you keep it simple. So you win it for less then 1500 you get two G getting it home. Can do the work your self and the ant the car. You can have a high top.ambulance for less then ten in a couple of years. But you have to want it. You have to hire it done you get one for under 20g but it only has 8000 miles on it. It will most liky go cheap enoght to got red circles on it and get torn up.

Back