Hillsdale NJ Ambulance Squad Historic Pictorial

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Forgive me, I have time on my hands to cruise the internet. I found this on YouTube and I thought it might be of interest. There are some great ambulance pictures going from the Fifties forward.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9ByXlPtDw[/ame]

LOVED it!

What a great video that was, thank you so much for sharing Bill! I love all those Superiors, and all the action shots!

I got a kick out of those all-white racing circuit type jump-suits, and white policeman hats they wore. And the women rocking out those beehive hair dos in the 60s and 70s scenes were a gas!

Even in the earliest scenes, those 1950s Cadillacs were all high tops, too. Lots of snow tires! That must have been one well run, well organized, and well funded volunteer ambulance squad from the very beginnings of their organization.

Bill I have thoroughly enjoyed this video and in fact I have saved it as one of my favorites on youtube!

What a great video that was, thank you so much for sharing Bill! I love all those Superiors, and all the action shots!

I got a kick out of those all-white racing circuit type jump-suits, and white policeman hats they wore. And the women rocking out those beehive hair dos in the 60s and 70s scenes were a gas!

Even in the earliest scenes, those 1950s Cadillacs were all high tops, too. Lots of snow tires! That must have been one well run, well organized, and well funded volunteer ambulance squad from the very beginnings of their organization.

Bill I have thoroughly enjoyed this video and in fact I have saved it as one of my favorites on youtube!

I enjoyed it and I am glad you liked it too! I just happened to run across it on YouTube, because of too much free time. I have no connection with the town of Hillsdale, other than it is about fifteen minutes from my house. It is a nice town.

Bill:
Thank you for your post. I had not previously seen this video, but in addition to my interest in the vintage ambulances, I had the privilege of teaching with at least one of the members shown.

I just thought I would mention that when that video ends, other videos follow. One of them features Bruce Biancalana with his gorgeous 1970 Miller Meteor Volunteer with an Aurora-Borealis light, great video to watch. There is also a video of a couple of gentleman with a gorgeous ambulance collection. I highly recommend you to check them out.

Back