My '74 M-M Lifeliner

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Were the sguad benches that were used in the Lifeliners always a removable bench? I didn't realize, until I got it home, that this bench is removable. HUGE clean up job getting the interior of this one cleaned up! Have just put a dent in it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,417
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,391
Looks good Kurt, a little soap and water and the interior is done! Seems like everything is there.

I may not have been clear in what I was asking here. In looking at the '74 M-M ambulance brochure, I see that the interior that they show of a '74 Lifeliner has a fixed squad bench. My rig has an (obviously factory-installed) removable squad bench. Was this a running change, or an optional bench?

Ask Richard

I may not have been clear in what I was asking here. In looking at the '74 M-M ambulance brochure, I see that the interior that they show of a '74 Lifeliner has a fixed squad bench. My rig has an (obviously factory-installed) removable squad bench. Was this a running change, or an optional bench?

Richard's Lifeliner originally had a squad bench in it and I think it was removable and I think he removed it.

Mine has a factory-installed REMOVABLE bench, which I can only assume was an optional bench style. It has a retractable support in the center and 1 support on each end(screwed in place) near the right side. No legs as such.

Yes. I understand that. I am just trying to figure out how many different squad bench configurations were available in any given year. I had always assumed that M-M would have offered 1 squad bench option in a given year. Obviously not the case.

I took advantage of a visit from Jeremy Moberg over the past week by having him assist me in stripping some more parts off of my '74 Superior 54" ambulance parts car including the tie rods, which I needed for my '74 M-M Lifeliner. What could be more fun when it's 98 degrees and stupidly humid outside??

Thanks for your help and an enjoyable few days Jeremy!!

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 442
In-Service Tire Pressure

Isn't this a little low for front tire pressure when running at high speeds? I would think that they would get lots of edge wear. They were running Goodyear Wrangler radials.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 391
They were more interested in patient comfort than they were tire life.

Apparently the concern for patient comfort went away many years ago! My one and only ride in the back(about 20 years ago) was definitely not a pleasant experience. They do ride like trucks!

Back