"Humble Heroes" book on funeral home ambulance service

Scott,

I put a money order for $12.00 in the mail to you this morning. Please deliver my copy to Gene and Steve Lichtman. They have kindly offered to pick it up for me since I can't make it to the meet.

Randy

Paypal payments for "Humble Heroes"

Some of you have asked about paying for "Humble Heroes" via Paypal. I've got that set up (thanks Paul Steinberg for helping me with that) you just have to identify my email address as the recipient and mark it as a purchase for "goods". My email address is sreinbolt@cinci.rr.com. I prefer payment by check so I avoid the Paypal fees, but feel free to use Paypal if you're more comfortable with that.

Again, thanks to everyone in this group for their interest.

Scott Reinbolt

Last edited:
I would like to order two "Humble Heroes" books
Kenneth McCoy
McCoy Funeral Home
150 Country Club Dr SW
Blacksburg, VA 24060

I'm having a hard time gauging demand, and am considering ordering a second run from the printer before the Hudson meet. Since I'm self financing, if everyone who wants one, even if it's for pick up at the meet, pays now I'll feel much more comfortable putting out the cash for a second run.

Scott, I got to leaf through Ron's copy of your book yesterday. Looks like you did a nice job with it. If you're having trouble figuring out demand, why don't you look at self publishing sites like hulu.com? In this day and age, self published definitely doesn't have to mean self financed. I've had friends and some of my students sell everything from a few copies to several hundreds of copies of their own books through there. All you do is upload your book and design your cover on their website. They then tell you how much it will cost them to make your book, depending on whether you want hardbound or softbound and whether or not you have them list an ISBN number on it (so you can sell it through sites like Amazon). Then you name how much of a markup you want for your royalty fee and they put your book online to sell. When someone orders it, they print a copy of it, mail it to the person and once every month or two, they send you your royalty check. It's really that easy. I've purchased books through them before and the quality is top notch. They look like any softbound book you'd find at a bookstore. My friends who publish through it love it too because they don't have to pay publishers to print for them and because they just have to sit and wait for checks. They never need to see or ship the product or have to manage orders. By having an ISBN number, they sell more books because it can be listed for sale through Amazon and other book sites, which then sell the books too. Or someone could walk into a bookstore and ask to order the book and it would show up in the store's computer system because of the ISBN number. One of my friends' books was noticed by a publisher and now her second book will be through this other publishing company. It's pretty cool. It might be something to look into for your next run of books. It would mean you wouldn't have to gauge interest and worry about doing preorder only.

Will you have spare copies there for the people that don't read these forums, and don't know about the book? thanks. Paul

Ian;

I haven't offered the book internationally yet, but I'm willing to give it a try. USPS says shipping to you is $29.95, so for $41.95 I'll ship one to you. I know that's a lot of money, so let me know if you're still interested.

I had a paramedic student riding along the other day and had him read it. He enjoyed it. Told you can't know where you are going if you don't know where you've been!

Back