Oil Filters..

That's why I run AC Delco filters on mine! There still the same color blue that have been for years!:893USA-Smilie-thumb

They may be blue.....but it stops there....I also used to run AC filters.....until recently.....I noticed constant slow oil pressure buildup. When getting ready to change the oil again I noticed that AC filters are NO longer what they used to be. I switched to Wix/Napa.
This thread from another board kinda sums up the lack of quality in AC filters anymore.....I opened 5 on the shelf and switched....no more issues......
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=76424

:4_11_9:

they make a wrap that you can put over the can to have it say anything you want. the new blue ACs are not the same color as they were in 70s. I can't off hand tell you what the difference is the the 100 point club boys know it .

The orignial filter that the car is shipped from the factory with, is always painted engine color. Then the factory service parts filter is used when the oil is changed at the dealership. Back then, they didn't sell the filters over the counter very often since they were usually quite expensive as compared to the aftermarket filters. Below is a picture of the reproduction of the OEM filter that was used in 1963.

Attachments

• mopar filter.jpg
    mopar filter.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 151
AC Filters

I'm pretty sure that most if not all AC Oil Filters were white during the 60's and early 70's. Not sure when the color was changed to blue.

Found these available at www.oldbuickparts.com:

of590ac.png

Back