63 Cadillac Ambulance

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2838753541.html

1963 Caddilac Ambulance - $3595 (Meridian)

1963 Caddilac Ambulance hearse bodied made by Superior Coach Co. Engine: Caddilac 390 cid, first year with distributor in front of engine. All roof lights are included: four 2.5 foot bullet lights, one for every roof corner, one rotating gumball for the center of the forward roof. The factory headlight flasher is still on the firewall and functional. Original owner's manual, which includes the name of the hospital ambulance service that it was ordered for. The gurney which locks in place in the rear cabin. Rear cabin has its own heater and controls, two jump seats, medical supply cabinet, plenty of storage. She has what is Glass partition that opens between rear cabin and forward cab. I have seen these old girls converted to a hearse, it doesn't take much. But anyone can pickup a hearse, how many of the ambulance versions do you think there are left??? I have owned this car for over twenty years, and she was my daily driver for many. Someone might remember seeing it as I used to work in the Northend and its hard to miss. She is 23.5 feet and drives like a proper Caddilac. You will be cruising down the freeway wondering why everyone is going so slow until you realize that your doing between 80 to 90 miles an hour. The stock carb is off waiting to be kitted, carb kit included. Original gas tank met its demise on a back country jaunt to a lake when I bottomed out on a rock. It is an easily replaced with one from a good selection of domestic land yachts, or have one made. The tires currently on her are toast, but I have a matched set of four that are included. Two of the original hubcaps are included also. I used to have all four till some dirtbag/kid/punk pinched two. Or hook her up with some 20's and get your groove on. If you want to tub her and make a drag car, just don't tell me because I won't knowingly sell to you. She is too proud to be made into some sick drag strip fantasy. Please respond by email with your name and telephone number as I hate endless emails. If you would like a few more pictures of her you may request so by email, but then I would like to do business by phone after. Thanks for looking and dream about big Caddilac's, I did............................

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 183
decent enough price but not one you jump in and go with. wonder how long it's been sitting with out a gas tank or carb.

he states a lot of things but the question comes to mind was 63 the first year for the 390?? not being a caddy fan I don't really pay any attention to them but I do have a 58 here with 390 heads. found this out doing a repair
but checking pictures the distributor is in a different location then the 63 here. got to love the things you find out after some 60-70 years of operation.

1963 is a 390, but a completely different block that the 59-62 390. The 63 390 became the 429 used from 64-67. Nothing interchanges between a 56-58 390 and a 63 390.

18 years ago a tape measure test was part of a job application I applied for. Was told that many people can't use one properly, which is hard to comprehend.

After reading seller's claimed vehicle length though...:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get $4,500 for mine and we put over 7 grand into the motor and trans for the same year but it's an M&M endloader but it's complete. Maybe I should ask more

Back