Volunteer Chapter Chattanooga October 21st-23rd

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
This was thrown together in a day, and the dates were decided today, so look for more updates/changes to follow:

The Georgia meet that Danny Ryder has hosted the past 3 years is moving North near Chattanooga. Chattanooga is about a 15 - 17 mile drive from Chickamauga. Check out the little town of Chickamauga at www.cityofchickamaugageorgia.org. You may even want to consider staying an extra day or two, there is soooo much to do in the area.

Motel: Econo Lodge 118 General Bushrod Johnson Avenue, Chickamauga GA 30707 706-375-7007. This is a nice hotel less than 2 years old. I stayed there 4 nights last November. Free continental breakfast, wireless high speed internet and pet friendly (fees apply). I did not block off any rooms. Rates are as follows:

64.00 King
69.00 2 Queens
74.00 King Suite
84.00 2 Queens Suite

I am working on tours of Angel Ambulance Service and Wilson's Funeral Homes. Both have several locations in the area. Check out Angel Ambulance at www.angelems.net. Wilson's has a Harley Hearse at one location, I don't know about everyone else, but I've never seen one 'in person'. They also have a Packard and a few older hearses. The same man owns Angel and the funeral homes. Jeremy and Danny can tell you what cars they have. Oh, and they also have a horse drawn carriage!

We will be going to the International Towing & Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum. Their website is www.internationaltowingmuseum.org

In the afternoon we will be taking the cars to the Chickamauga Battlefield. Alot of excellent photo opportunities there.

And if we are not worn out after all of the above, we may end the day with a trip to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga... www.tnaqua.org/

Oh, and of course we'll throw in a few meals in between. Wouldn't be a Volunteer Chapter Meet if we didn't do that. For those arriving Friday night, we will meet for dinner around 7:00.

If you have any questions, feel free to call Danny Ryder @ 770-893-8288, Jeremy Ledford at 615-604-8725 or myself @ 615-969-2880.

Updates

It was brought to my attention that someone not familiar with the area may think there is a Chattanooga GA. So, I just want to clarify that I am referring to Chattanooga TN.

I spoke to one of the Wilsons and so far it looks like the Angel Ambulance tour is on, and he is going to try to get all his pro cars & the Harley Hearse to the funeral home in Chickamauga, that way they will all be in one place. Probably with the exception of the horse drawn, but if anyone wants to see it, it is a short drive to the funeral home where is located. He is really excited about seeing our cars.

Someone else thought maybe ALL the meals were being 'thrown in' by the Volunteer Chapter. I wish we did have that kind of money, but unfortunately we don't. But, we are providing FREE pizza Saturday night!

If anyone wants to carpool, and share gas expenses, from the Nashville (TN) area let me now. I am taking Elmo, and have room for 5 additional people. We will be leaving the area approximately Noon on Friday the 21st and departing from the meet Sunday the 23rd (no specific time set).

If you plan on attending this meet please confirm here or let Jeremy, Danny or myself know asap. Due to scheduling conflicts several of the usual people can not attend. If enough people are interested the meet will go on as planned. Watch for updates!!

:thumb: Ok, looks like we have enough interest to carry on with the meet. For early arrivals, we will have dinner at Choo Choo BBQ & Grill, 13070 North Highway 27, Chickamauga GA 30707. It is 3/10th of a mile from the hotel. We will be leaving the hotel @ 6:20 Friday night.

I regret to say this meet has BEEN CANCELLED. It dwindled down to a very few people, probably around 4 that could attend, with most of us having to drive 2 -3 hours. Sorry I couldn't give a notice sooner, but just found out a few minutes ago that 2 more that planned on being there couldn't. There is always our winter meet in Kingsport December 9th & 10th. That information will be posted as soon as it is all put together. Again, I am soooooooo sorry for any inconvience, if any, that this caused.

*Paul, if it's not too much trouble, could you please add this to the Events posting. If not, that's fine. Thanks.

Back